• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hemet-Ryan Air Show 6-11-11

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Deuceaid, I have a CB radio installed in my M1009.

I'm waiting on my Wifey to give the blessing on a 2hr drive for the airshow.
Anyone know if there will be a P-51 or an F4U at the show? A P-51 would really grease the wheels with the Wifey!:jumpin:

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The U.S. Air Force Heritage Flight (HF) program will be there, so you can expect both planes to be there.

The HF formations of modern fighters flying with World War II, Korean, and Vietnam era fighters such as the P-51 Mustang and F-86 Sabre, dramatically display our U.S. Air Force air power history and proudly support our Air Force's recruiting and retention efforts.

armytruck63

Everyone,
I spoke on the phone with Kylia at Hemet-Ryan today. I told her we would have something like 10 vehicles convoying over or arriving individually. She said it is important the we try to get to the ariport by 8:30 AM. We will be going in the gate by the Hangar One Cafe. I will try to post a satellite photo of this entrance.

It is important that we stick to the 6:30 AM Angel's Roadhouse departure, and especially the 7:30 AM Moreno Valley departure time.

I am going to try to do a pre-run of the route this weekend if I can.

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited:

deuceaid

Banned
For Anyone that is not familiar with airplanes, or thier home turff... the airplanes have the Right Of Way!.. the most imortant thing is to keep your windows rolled down, and listen, LISTEN!!... If you "hear' someone yell " Clear Prop" you BETTER GET OUT of the WAY,, of the proppeller of that aircraft....... now on to the other hazards...

.... this is a firebase,,, which means that it has slow moving airplanes , with fast moving propellers.. (who cares unless its a c 130, or the panzy dc 10 knock off).......... BUT You must be aware of Helicopters!!!!!!

and there not little helicopters( like the bell 200 series) , .. you must watch out for Tail rotors, rotor wash, prop wash, jet wash, and FOD!!!... I am just trying to give you non avi- mv - mil - people a heads up

armytruck63

Not at all. Would you be joining the convoy in Yucaipa or Moreno Valley? We are talking about Saturday 6-11-11, 0630 in Yucaipa or 0730 in Moreno Valley.

Met1

As of right now, it looks like Moreno Valley, but if things change, I will let you know. Do I need to bring anything special as this is my first air show as well??

deuceaid

Banned
Deuceaid, I have a CB radio installed in my M1009.

I'm waiting on my Wifey to give the blessing on a 2hr drive for the airshow.
Anyone know if there will be a P-51 or an F4U at the show? A P-51 would really grease the wheels with the Wifey!:jumpin:

you should have been at the 2010 chino airshow opening.,,,,,,,,,, HOLY krap..... watching all the 51s take off,,, and the National anthem,,,,, and the flyover,,,, I think the total was at least 16 thousand HP ( horse power)... but only Recorder can substaintiate that

deuceaid

Banned
As of right now, it looks like Moreno Valley, but if things change, I will let you know. Do I need to bring anything special as this is my first air show as well??

bring a cb radio if you want to hear whats going on in the convoy...)

show up.... dont walk (stroll) into a prop........

well for new comers,,, we can loan you a radio... ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Met1

Jim,
CNL will be represented there! I'll have my family and it sounds like Phil will be sporting his as well. I'll bring a couple of boxes as these are the people that I think will appreciate them. I'm interested in seeing the response as we have received good feed back so far.

TheRecorder

Communications

I will have the PRC-77 hooked up for the event. Anyone else going to have a compatible radio other than CB? I only have a hand held "Walkie-Talkie" CB that is not great for more than a 1/4 mile or so, maybe.

Also, We need to get a group photo of the MV's at the show. If we could stage a photo next to Military aircraft etc, without the public in view, Vehicle owners would be best next to their MV's, optional, that would be awsome.

Attachments

Last edited:

TheRecorder

Jim,
CNL will be represented there! I'll have my family and it sounds like Phil will be sporting his as well. I'll bring a couple of boxes as these are the people that I think will appreciate them. I'm interested in seeing the response as we have received good feed back so far.

That sounds great!
I'm sure they will do well.

deuceaid

Banned
I will have the PRC-77 hooked up for the event. Anyone else going to have a compatible radio other than CB? I only have a hand held "Walkie-Talkie" CB that is not great for more than a 1/4 mile or so, maybe.

Also, We need to get a group photo of the MV's at the show. If we could stage a photo next to Military aircraft etc, without the public in view, Vehicle owners would be best next to their MV's, optional, that would be awsome.

Jim I have my ham radio, that should be compatible,,, Your mill rig runs on wideband fm, mine may be able to work (from what I have read).

deuceaid

Banned
I'll be a the Moreno Valley rally point hopefully in time to enjoy some Jack. What CB channel should I have on?

Hope to get some good pictures of everyones' MV's. Oh and some planes too.
Well we should stay off ch 9....maybe stay off ch 19 cause of noise....and below the 30s( more people operate sideband there I think)

(then again there is no REAL bandplan for cb https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/CB_usage_in_the_United_States ).....

so maybe 13 as first choice,then 23 as backup...all old cbs started with only 23 channels.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks