• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hemet-Ryan Air Show 6-11-11

armytruck63

Everyone,
I've been gone all day, so this is the first time I got to see all of the great photos and Jim's great convoy video. You guys sure looked great from the rear view mirror of my M1009. I looked back every time we went around a curve. Thanks for agreeing to the convoy speed of about 45 so my friend Jim from Mentone could join us with his 1941 Dodge WC-1. I have some good video of of the A-10 and the P-38 - I'll have to figure out how to post it.

This shows the great support of Steelsoldiers members. It was less than a month ago that I mentioned that this airshow wanted vehicles. We pulled together an impressive display of vehicles in a short time and I know the crowd loved it. The convoy was as much fun as the air show itself. Thanks for sticking to our departure times so we were able to arrive 15 minutes early. I know Kylia was impressed when she saw us pull up to the gate.

I will pass along these two upcoming airshows: Big Bear in August and Thermal in November (Kylia told me about this one). Both of these shows involve longer or mountain drives, but I will get more info and pass it along as the shows get closer.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for making this such a great and fun event!
Matt

deuceaid

Banned
I was telling my mom about the convoy, and how Gottlos was watching other cars as he went thru the intersection ....to see people`s reactions.

Then I busted up laughing, I thought " I wonder what look people would have if everyone in the convoy was wearing bio-hazzard suits ?" That could get us in trouble!

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Jacqueline Cochran Air Show (Thermal Air Show) is November 5th , 2011. Looks like basically the same setup/performers as Hemet, but with a longer runway, the C-17 can actually land and last year the F-16's were going supersonic cause they can and you are in Thermal so who cares? Weather should be great that time of year out here, but it's a good drive for those of you further away than Riverside.

Barneyszoo

The Jacqueline Cochran Air Show (Thermal Air Show) is November 5th , 2011. Looks like basically the same setup/performers as Hemet, but with a longer runway, the C-17 can actually land and last year the F-16's were going supersonic cause they can and you are in Thermal so who cares? Weather should be great that time of year out here, but it's a good drive for those of you further away than Riverside.
We go camping out at Red Cloud mine so thats not to far for me. I'll plan anouther sick day. haha

deuceaid

Banned
:funny:
If we were all using rotating lights it would have been very interesting...to say the least. I respectfully submit my idea for our uniforms for the next convoy trip.
while driving all we would need is a rain jacket, gloves and a sand blasting helmet!!!!

I almost choked on my food a few minute ago Mike, I like the uniform!rofl

I would definitely want some extra people to video tape that one, placed at a couple of busy intersections!

Last edited:

TheRecorder

I was telling my mom about the convoy, and how Gottlos was watching other cars as he went thru the intersection ....to see people`s reactions.

Then I busted up laughing, I thought " I wonder what look people would have if everyone in the convoy was wearing bio-hazzard suits ?" That could get us in trouble!

We wouldn't even have to go very far.....just drive to and park at a few of the local Home Depot parking lots around 9-11:00 a.m. on a weekday !

deuceaid

Banned
Maybe we could all go back to Moreno Valley for lunch at chillis.

It reminds me of this......

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=creOqzG-PpA[/media]

papaydsailor

:funny:that was funny! wish could have join you guys in the convoy but i will be joining the southern cal coming annual route 66 convoy this coming jun 25 - 26 and overnight camping at calico ghost town. if you guys wanna join the point of contact is Saul of scmvcc (626-252-6850). he already got 13 MV sign up for it. but the more mv at the road and at the ghost town the greater to see.

Last edited:

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:funny:that was funny! wish could have join you guys in the convoy but i will be joining the southern cal coming annual route 66 convoy this coming jun 25 - 26 and overnight camping at calico ghost town. if you guys wanna join the point of contact is Saul of scmvcc. he already got 13 MV sign up for it. but the more mv at the road and at the ghost town the greater to see.

Looked at the SCMVCC website, still shows events for 2010, nothing current or upcoming such as the convoy you mention.