• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hey Need help with a IP head part

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
there are many threads here about installing the HH. you want TDC which is on the compression stroke. way too many little details for me to write again, but if you want PM me for a number to call.

tom

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No I did not take the IP out. The half moon tab for the hh timing has broke.loose from the gear, and free spinning on top of the gear. I did take injectors one out. I was able to get cylinder 1 on compression stroke, and I re-install the HH. I re-installed the the lines but left them disconnected from the injectors turned the motor over and was only getting little squirts of fuel out each line so I an still off time I think.

vtdeucedriver

Why would you think you were off time if you did not pull the pump?? The timing adjustment has nothing to do with the HH as Tom stated before. Those marks are for alignment of the HH. You could call them timing marks but the actual timing of the engine is done when the pump is installed. If you did not remove the IP, don't mess with it.

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So your telling me that it does not matter that the half moon metal tab being broke loose does not matter do to the timing of the HH. Also that the HH really does not have a timing just the actual IP.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No I did not take the IP out. The half moon tab for the hh timing has broke.loose from the gear, and free spinning on top of the gear.
This kinda sounds like the quill shaft has issues. The metal disk with the moon shaped cut-out on top of the gear spins freely? Does the gear move freely too? There has been issues with the quill shaft breaking before.

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yea I know, Yea I am right about at my breaking point. I did get the truck to crank up, however would not stay Idling and was kinda running rough. So at this point I think I am done with it. I will probably have to buy a new IP with HH and take it over to Ted Korpi (a local diesel mechanic). I hat throwing a towel in on a project but the truck has been down 3 months now and I have only made the problem worse

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
yes, a BIG headache as it probably will never want to come out again. but since you can turn the disk you can at least put it togeather.

with the engine not on tdc, but on the correct timing mark for its type, i.e. ldt, and on compression stroke, the red marked gear will be one tooth to the rear from the pointer in the housing.

but i would repair the disk on the gearfirst as you will have big problems ever pulling the HH again.

tom

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys I need to find someone in my local area that has installed an Injection Pump before I have a new pump now however I have to take off the old one and install the new one. I have been watching the You tube videos on how this is done but I am the type of person that learns buy seeing and doing. So does anyone know of anybody that has done this swap that lives close to me.

33duce

Hey Kenny. Hi. I am new here. I also have the same problem. I have 1967 M35A2. It is leaking from Head Hydraulic Injector. I believe I need the O rings. I am also going to try to repair this myself?? Looking at the posts, Is this something you sell? Or do you know where I might find them. Thank You Bob Fl.

The information here is very helpful!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks