• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi! New owner...I'm in love...

amy1009

Hi,
Years ago, I bought an M52 from a friend of my dad's, but due to 10 other projects on my city-lot, (and the fact that it came w/the oil pan and crank shaft rolling around on the floor) I had to give it up, it was a sad day... SO - recently, I was looking for another K5 and came across my new baby. Instead of your run of the mill K5, I discovered the M1009. I couldn't be happier! The best part is that I work for the EPA...and it turns out...military vehicles do not have to meet federal emission requirements, tee hee... So, she's my new daily driver - most of my coworkers now assume I'm a hunter, which makes it even funnier. I guess if it ran on granola everyone would love it, oh well. I just need to fix a bent quarter, find the antennas for it and get my ORV sticker, and then find a place to play in Michigan. Thanks for having such a great resource here! Oh - and I'm not gay...not that there's anything wrong with that - it's just that a girl who owns/loves/daily drives an M1009 can be under suspicion :wink:

Attachments

ida34

RE: Hi! New owner...I

Welcome. It is good to see another M1009 owner driving in A2. Mine can be seen at city hall or the old YMCA building while I am at work. Do you work off Plymouth Rd near the Islamic center? If you need any help with it or parts hear and there drop me a line. It is pretty easy to be under suspicion in Ann Arbor. DISCLAIMER Nothing wrong with the life style but anyone around Ann Arbor knows what I mean. Did you get yours from Selfridge or from a second party?

westfolk

See and I thought that "not that there's anything wrong with that" was a Seinfeld reference. Welcome to the forum.

rdixiemiller

Not a lot of members of the "fairer sex" here. Glad to see some ladies who enjoy MV's. Welcome to the club! If you log into chat, just let us know, so we won't be too ........ummmm.........rude?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

Welcome! It's a great site with a lot of really helpful resources and folks.

:beer:

derby

Welcome,Welcome, good to see more MV owners in my neck of the woods! that looks like a sweet ride!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to the Steel Soldiers family. That's a nice looking ten-o-nine you have there. You will find this site indispensable and addicting just as the hobby is. You will also find out that hangin with this group will teach you one thing, one MV is never enough. This site is pretty much about 2 things. 1) Military vehicles, and this is the fabric that's brought us all here. 2) Camaraderie, once here you develop friendships from afar you never thought possible. One evening when you have nothing to do, read back through the road trip forum and see what can be accomplished by some people on the road and those who will go to any length to support them. And by the way, I don't recall any incidents at all on this site where gender or sexual preference has ever come into play. Again, welcome to our family!

ojsdna744

Welcome to the site Amy, there are quite a few CUCV owners relatively close that are resident experts on M1009s! (Ida is practically next door) And yes, several of us take our rigs out regularly to play in the mud! :driver: That'll make a great winter vehicle!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Forget it Andy, you need what I want and have not put together yet. I really want to convert an 80s deisel suburban to be a CUCV clone. I'm not so concerned as it passing an inspection as a CUCV but want a great driver that looks like a CUCV. Of course because I love the smell of canvas, would love to recover all 3 seats with it. With seating for 9 and some cargo space in the back, you could take the family into the outback. Of course you would need an M101A2 to tag along behind with the gear too. Here's a peek at Jim Newton's CUCV suburban. I'm not touting Jim as his Mildoc site has been ripping folks off but it is a reference.
http://www.cucv.net/suburban/cucv.html

Armada

Another Michigander, Welcome! Nice M1009. You've come to the right place as Kenny says. You can get answers/help here for just about any question you might have. We especially love pictures too, so post away.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Welcome Amy, My youngest daugher wants our M1009 when she gets her licence. Her brother drives it now and they both love it more than the YJ they had been driving. It gets great milage too if you do not drive it too fast. This site is sooooo cool too as others have mentioned it provides fellowship and great reference material.

alphadeltaromeo

Recovry4x4 said:
Forget it Andy, you need what I want and have not put together yet. I really want to convert an 80s deisel suburban to be a CUCV clone. I'm not so concerned as it passing an inspection as a CUCV but want a great driver that looks like a CUCV. Of course because I love the smell of canvas, would love to recover all 3 seats with it. With seating for 9 and some cargo space in the back, you could take the family into the outback. Of course you would need an M101A2 to tag along behind with the gear too. Here's a peek at Jim Newton's CUCV suburban. I'm not touting Jim as his Mildoc site has been ripping folks off but it is a reference.
http://www.cucv.net/suburban/cucv.html
Kenny

Yes, please put that together and give me a holla...I'd love it...awfully kind of you as well! rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks