• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi! New owner...I'm in love...

amy1009

ONTOS66 said:
Ha ha, you old bunch of hounds! I've never seen anyone get this sort of welcome the whole time I have been on SteelSoldiers.
I wondered when someone was going to notice that this member received an exceptionally warm welcome. You "old hounds" :)

Amy, fortunately like old hounds, they bark a lot, scratch a bit, then go back to sleep.

ps, Never, never go barefoot in their back yard!

rofl
Better than cats that will scratch your eyes out while you sleep...that's my motto!

amy1009

dhwife said:
Hey Amy! Glad to have another female around! Especially another Amy! These guys are pretty cool - just don't let them drive their MVs around in your yard! :D
Hi Amy! See, what they don't get is that it's all a big rouse to trap a guy - some girls get plastic surgery - I thought I'd try a different path and get a camo truck! :lol:

If that doesn't work, I might have to sell it in a year to pay for option #1...as if...

I really honestly think this truck is just the coolest! Thanks for the welcome Amy! See I won't have to worry about the yard bit since I live on a postage stamp lot in Ann Arbor - the truck is actually bigger than the patch I mow :lol:

amy1009

ida34 said:
My interest was in having another camo blazer in the area near me so I could point the finger at her when I did something bad in my cucv. Up till now I could not get away with anything because the thing was so identifiable. I also wanted her to know that I was pretty near if she had trouble with it. All the rest of you guys are the dogs. My intentions were totally pure.
I never thought of that...that IS good to know there's another camo blazer. Now I can go get that 5-finger discount on that Christmas decoration in Dexter I've had my eye on....

amy1009

doghead said:
Chuck, are you saying that a CAMO Blazer is conspicuous? I thought the whole camo thing was to make them less conspicuous.
Wait a minute...that's what I thought - I thought no one including the cops could see me in it...is there something I should know here? Is there another camo pattern for urban Michigan I should be prepping my truck for?

amy1009

CCATLETT1984 said:
welcome to the hobby, give a holler if you need help with anything, a guy in port huron "rizzo" has mud bogs very regularly.
I'll have to ask for your advice on how to get her ready to go to the mud bogs...I'm thinking Detroit locker in the rear, but I'm afraid the bigger tires would make it a dog on the road...gotta save some $$ first though... Although - got any recommendations for exhaust? Anything special I can do?

amy1009

dhwife said:
Hey Amy! Glad to have another female around! Especially another Amy! These guys are pretty cool - just don't let them drive their MVs around in your yard! :D
Hey Amy - don't tell me your thing is VW's?

amy1009

ida34 said:
doghead said:
Chuck, are you saying that a CAMO Blazer is conspicuous? I thought the whole camo thing was to make them less conspicuous.
Yeah. Mine is in the city a lot and I have yet to paint it the black, grey, and white urban camo. As soon as I do I am sure it will blend in. Or I could just paint a dodge stratus to scale on the sides.
I think your first pattern would work - but the 2nd one is a bit off for Ann Arbor - you'd have to change it to a Honda Prius my friend...!

amy1009

poppop said:
Well Amy, looks like you are a busy girl this morning answering mail. Merry Christmas!!!!
Well I felt bad for being MIA after the 'overwhelming response' :wink: Nah, I did want to thank everyone for welcoming me though. I've been so busy at work...it might be another week for I can log back in!

amy1009

Elwenil said:
Ha ha, you old bunch of hounds! I've never seen anyone get this sort of welcome the whole time I have been on SteelSoldiers. One girl comes around and you all go nuts, lol! Oh well, I guess more females in the hobby would be interesting so they should be welcomed.

With that in mind, "Welcome". That is all... :wink:
Hey one more thing about this observation - IF what you're saying is true THEN why did my post only get viewed 998 times while "Muffler Modifications" was viewed 4110 times and "Drilling and Countersinking Holes" 1029 times? What's up with that? How is that supposed to make me feel?

alphadeltaromeo

Re: RE: Hi! New owner...I

amy1009 said:
alphadeltaromeo said:
Hope you really enjoy the SS site and can gain lots of valuable input as well.
Thanks! How do you fit all 8 kids in the truck you've got there??? :wink: Man, I wish my dad would have been that cool...
Troop seats..but if you'll notice by my signature, I've not received it yet...the EUC has been sent to DRMO and it's a waiting game now. At any rate, you're welcome and...I try to be cool...it's ever so hard for me :)

Sub doors on a "blazer"

Here's a question maybe you can answer for me. I was thinking that I'd like to take off the rear 'door' it's got now and put the two rear doors on from a Suburban that swing out. Does anyone know if these doors will fit?[/quote]

I studied this for a while before GM came out with the Yukons. Since the rear 2/3 of the top on the 1009 is removable (Is it fiberglass?), you'd probably have to find a donor suburban and do some cut and paste. Might have to cut the donor from just behind the second seat or maybe just around the door frame.

[quote="amy1009Hey one more thing about this observation - IF what you're saying is true THEN why did my post only get viewed 998 times while "Muffler Modifications" was viewed 4110 times and "Drilling and Countersinking Holes" 1029 times? What's up with that? How is that supposed to make me feel?[/quote]

Yours is the only "Hi I'm a new member thread viewed and responded to so much. Can't compare it with actual technical style threads.

Where in Flint, and when? Some of us up North started life in that part of the woods.

amy1009

Re: Sub doors on a "blazer"

bigbee said:
Here's a question maybe you can answer for me. I was thinking that I'd like to take off the rear 'door' it's got now and put the two rear doors on from a Suburban that swing out. Does anyone know if these doors will fit?
I studied this for a while before GM came out with the Yukons. Since the rear 2/3 of the top on the 1009 is removable (Is it fiberglass?), you'd probably have to find a donor suburban and do some cut and paste. Might have to cut the donor from just behind the second seat or maybe just around the door frame.[/quote]

I just realized how stupid that question was....OMG! I guess in the past few weeks the top has been such a 'fixture' I forgot it comes off?...ummm...no...there's no way to escape this dumb question.

well...I guess in my spare time - just to prove I'm not a total loser - i'll have to get the suburban doors, modify them so they don't have a top 'post' and then I can reply to my own email and say 'yeah sure - it can be done'
....nice first impressions...

amy1009

bigbee said:
[quote="amy1009Hey one more thing about this observation - IF what you're saying is true THEN why did my post only get viewed 998 times while "Muffler Modifications" was viewed 4110 times and "Drilling and Countersinking Holes" 1029 times? What's up with that? How is that supposed to make me feel?
Yours is the only "Hi I'm a new member thread viewed and responded to so much. Can't compare it with actual technical style threads.

Where in Flint, and when? Some of us up North started life in that part of the woods.[/quote]

You mean you moved up North? Like Carpenter Road north...right? ha ha!
I grew up on the NW side of Dort/Court what has been occasionally coined the 'East Village' area. Later on I restored a house on Avon St. in the 'Cultural Center' neighborhood (okay stop laughing we all know there's a college there...) until it just got too much to drive to Troy everyday for work - I then made a lateral move to Pontiac...then stepped down to Ann Arbor - ha ha. So I was in Flint from BC to 2001. which hood were you from?

ida34

Amy,
That is not my cucv at Applebees. There is a guy in Ypsi with one like ours but he has radio antenna's on his. I rarely get up to the northside but I worked the area for few years ago before I started working downtown. Just let me know is you need anyhelp with any mods or fixes. I think I saw a coolant heater in Jackson at the tractor supply store. Napa on S Industrial would be a good place local to check for one. If you are going to steal off one of my trucks make it my junkvee in the back 40. Let me know if you need anything.

Chuck

Back in the day

A little further than Carpenter Rd! Heck, that used to be the turn around for the Clio Rd cruise.

Naw, I'm from the "Near North side" as I call it-grew up on the corner of Dayton and Detroit sts (oops, sorry, it's ML KING AV now!) House isn't there, school isn't there, almost my whole history is gone. But that's okay, cause I'm not there either! Don't miss it a bit, except maybe some of the shows at Whiting and classes at Mott.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks