• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hi! New owner...I'm in love...

alphadeltaromeo

I used to live in the Seattle area...my neighbor had an 80s model with a diesel and not only did it look good, it ran really well. It was bright red, but I like your idea better I think.

Sorry for hijacking as well...K, no more from me LOL

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Amy! Welcome to the SS Family. I started out in 1995 with a M1009 so they are dear to my heart too. It's great to have a few ladies in the hobby. You'll find we are a family friendly site full of good hearted military vehicle enthusiasts. Can't wait to hear more about your CUCV.

ONTOS66

Hi Amy,
Welcome to the group. Always nice to see another CUCV among all these "big truck" collectors. :)
In case you are interested in the background on your vehicle, according to the bumper numbers:
It belonged to the Intelligence Officer (S-2) of
the 3/126 Aviation (GSAB? anyone speak aviation?)
of the 26th Infantry Division.
An Army National Guard unit with an interesting history.
Check it out at this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:29id-org.gif

lacoda56

Hi Amy, welcome aboard!
My sister and her family have lived in the Ann Arbor, Chelsie, Dexter area for years and I've lived within 10 miles of Madison,Wis. all my life and university towns seem to be the same. If you show interest in any kind of military vehicle, you must belong to a militia of some type or are a bambi killer.Don't let it keep you from enjoying these big green machines along with the rest of us certified nutcases! And one MV is certainly enough for anyone! (after another, after another. Ok, the most I ever bought at one auction was four, but that's just me!) rofl

Pinkie

ONTOS66 said:
Hi Amy,
Welcome to the group. Always nice to see another CUCV among all these "big truck" collectors. :)
In case you are interested in the background on your vehicle, according to the bumper numbers:
It belonged to the Intelligence Officer (S-2) of
the 3/126 Aviation (GSAB? anyone speak aviation?)
of the 26th Infantry Division.
An Army National Guard unit with an interesting history.
Check it out at this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:29id-org.gif
CUCV = Wheel Chock, hahaha just kidding, I hope you enjoy our sense of humor Amy!

Elwenil

Ha ha, you old bunch of hounds! I've never seen anyone get this sort of welcome the whole time I have been on SteelSoldiers. One girl comes around and you all go nuts, lol! Oh well, I guess more females in the hobby would be interesting so they should be welcomed.

With that in mind, "Welcome". That is all... :wink:

ONTOS66

Ha ha, you old bunch of hounds! I've never seen anyone get this sort of welcome the whole time I have been on SteelSoldiers.
I wondered when someone was going to notice that this member received an exceptionally warm welcome. You "old hounds" :)

Amy, fortunately like old hounds, they bark a lot, scratch a bit, then go back to sleep.

ps, Never, never go barefoot in their back yard!

rofl

Attachments

GamaGoatGirl

Hey Amy! Glad to have another female around! Especially another Amy! These guys are pretty cool - just don't let them drive their MVs around in your yard! :D

ida34

My interest was in having another camo blazer in the area near me so I could point the finger at her when I did something bad in my cucv. Up till now I could not get away with anything because the thing was so identifiable. I also wanted her to know that I was pretty near if she had trouble with it. All the rest of you guys are the dogs. My intentions were totally pure.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chuck, are you saying that a CAMO Blazer is conspicuous? I thought the whole camo thing was to make them less conspicuous.

amy1009

Hookin1 said:
Welcome to the club.......nice ride [thumbzup] ...and your in luck there are plenty of guys up in michigan who go out and play in there trucks......
Thanks for the nice welcome! I'm hoping I can find a nice winter offroad course to test her out in!

ida34

doghead said:
Chuck, are you saying that a CAMO Blazer is conspicuous? I thought the whole camo thing was to make them less conspicuous.
Yeah. Mine is in the city a lot and I have yet to paint it the black, grey, and white urban camo. As soon as I do I am sure it will blend in. Or I could just paint a dodge stratus to scale on the sides.

amy1009

Re: RE: Hi! New owner...I

Hi neighbor! Thanks for the welcome. I sure do work on Plymouth Rd. next to the Islamic center - I work behind the big black fence. Thanks for getting the 'under suspcion' joke - it was supposed to be an ice breaker!) I've been doing the Applebees take out drive-up service - and the guy swears there's another one that comes in for pick up service - is that you? He was really scratchin' his head when I went there the other day! I hope you don't mind if I do take you up on your offer for advice once in awhile. I picked it up off of ebay from a guy in New Haven. I'd like to put a block heater on it this month if possible - the kind that heats your coolant and circulates would be best. I wrote Kim Hotstart to see if they make any - haven't heard back yet. Well - maybe I'll see you around on the streets one of these days! Thanks again for the welcome!

Amy

ida34 said:
Welcome. It is good to see another M1009 owner driving in A2. Mine can be seen at city hall or the old YMCA building while I am at work. Do you work off Plymouth Rd near the Islamic center? If you need any help with it or parts hear and there drop me a line. It is pretty easy to be under suspicion in Ann Arbor. DISCLAIMER Nothing wrong with the life style but anyone around Ann Arbor knows what I mean. Did you get yours from Selfridge or from a second party?

amy1009

Hi neighbor! Thanks for the welcome. I sure do work on Plymouth Rd. next to the Islamic center - I work behind the big black fence. Thanks for getting the 'under suspcion' joke - it was supposed to be an ice breaker!) I've been doing the Applebees take out drive-up service - and the guy swears there's another one that comes in for pick up service - is that you? He was really scratchin' his head when I went there the other day! I hope you don't mind if I do take you up on your offer for advice once in awhile. I picked it up off of ebay from a guy in New Haven. I'd like to put a block heater on it this month if possible - the kind that heats your coolant and circulates would be best. I wrote Kim Hotstart to see if they make any - haven't heard back yet. Well - maybe I'll see you around on the streets one of these days! Thanks again for the welcome!

Amy

ida34 said:
Welcome. It is good to see another M1009 owner driving in A2. Mine can be seen at city hall or the old YMCA building while I am at work. Do you work off Plymouth Rd near the Islamic center? If you need any help with it or parts hear and there drop me a line. It is pretty easy to be under suspicion in Ann Arbor. DISCLAIMER Nothing wrong with the life style but anyone around Ann Arbor knows what I mean. Did you get yours from Selfridge or from a second party?

amy1009

Hookin1 said:
Welcome to the club.......nice ride [thumbzup] ...and your in luck there are plenty of guys up in michigan who go out and play in there trucks......
Thanks for the welcome! I guess I was wrong...Michigan does have something going for it!) ha ha!

amy1009

Hookin1 said:
Thanks for the welcome! I guess I was wrong...Michigan does have something going for it!) ha ha!

amy1009

westfolk said:
See and I thought that "not that there's anything wrong with that" was a Seinfeld reference. Welcome to the forum.
Hey - thanks for the welcome and thanks for getting the joke!) I didn't even realize it was a Seinfeld reference...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks