• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydrolocked, big repair ahead.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to strip that motor down of all that serpentine if you want a smooth instal, remove the intake manifold crossover, and do a 1/2in body lift along with the body cut.
Planning to do the cut today and a 2'" lift on it. So, you suggest removing alternator and conpressor? That's the way i took the old one out.
I was told the wire harness can be re used but checking the connections on the turbo one, they are in totally different spots. What do you think?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Planning to do the cut today and a 2'" lift on it. So, you suggest removing alternator and conpressor? That's the way i took the old one out.
I was told the wire harness can be re used but checking the connections on the turbo one, they are in totally different spots. What do you think?
I do motor swaps in my sleep and by myself…I would never think of having all that serp in the way, the Generator already makes contact with components on the drivers side, the crank pulley will contact crossmembers going in.
Ive never reused an NA harness on a Tuebo motor, that’s like a nickel in a dime slot…they route 180 degrees from each other. Your going to need to make some wiring jumpers and splices already anyway, as the ECV body harness is different than your NA truck.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do motor swaps in my sleep and by myself…I would never think of having all that serp in the way, the Generator already makes contact with components on the drivers side, the crank pulley will contact crossmembers going in.
Ive never reused an NA harness on a Tuebo motor, that’s like a nickel in a dime slot…they route 180 degrees from each other. Your going to need to make some wiring jumpers and splices already anyway, as the ECV body harness is different than your NA truck.
... the jumpers and splices, you meant if i use the existing NA harness, correct? If i use the turbo wiring harness, it should be plug and play? If this is the case, any source for new or like new wire harness?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not understand why you would not want to use the turbo harness, I am a little earlier in this process than you are but as RWH said looks like just a few changes are necessary.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not understand why you would not want to use the turbo harness, I am a little earlier in this process than you are but as RWH said looks like just a few changes are necessary.
I do, but i can not find a turbo harness. I was given one with the engine but is shopped in a couple of sections. I want to go the easier way and do not complicate things.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hahaha! This is exactly why I would never buy a Humvee from a private party. Nothing wrong with splicing if done right but I don’t want to ever want sort thru what someone else did. I would buy a truck from retiredwarhorse because he does everything mil spec and seems to get offended by anything else and I like that. I will take my chances at auction. Currently I’m 1 for 1, second truck is coming so I could easily be 1 for 2. Lol

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As RWH has pointed out the harness routes differently, it just may not "fit" with the turbo, I would keep looking for a turbo harness.
Or splice the one you have, nothing wrong as long as it is done correctly

Action

Hahaha! This is exactly why I would never buy a Humvee from a private party. Nothing wrong with splicing if done right but I don’t want to ever want sort thru what someone else did. I would buy a truck from retardedwarhorse because he does everything mil spec and seems to get offended by anything else and I like that. I will take my chances at auction. Currently I’m 1 for 1, second truck is coming so I could easily be 1 for 2. Lol
I think the take out engine he bought had a cut harness on it, not the truck.
Steve's handle is retiredwarhorses, not retardedwarhorse.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turbo harness requires some extensions and rewire because the body harness is not the same as the ECV harness, the ECV harness moved some things around and deleted some others.
I have new NOS turbo engine harnesses for sale…
That is what I understood you to say, done "right" there are still some mods needed, one thing that was obvious right away on my 998 is a short M/F jumper would be needed for the oil pressure wire.
I have not researched it all yet, but will get there.
Of course I will need the TPS and crank sensor for the 6L80

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turbo harness requires some extensions and rewire because the body harness is not the same as the ECV harness, the ECV harness moved some things around and deleted some others.
I have new NOS turbo engine harnesses for sale…
How much is the harness? So i still have to do splicing you said? Is there a blue print or skematic to follow on the splicing?

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hahaha! This is exactly why I would never buy a Humvee from a private party. Nothing wrong with splicing if done right but I don’t want to ever want sort thru what someone else did. I would buy a truck from retardedwarhorse because he does everything mil spec and seems to get offended by anything else and I like that. I will take my chances at auction. Currently I’m 1 for 1, second truck is coming so I could easily be 1 for 2. Lol
Mine os not for sale...😁😁😁😁😁

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks