• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

i JUS BOUGHT A DUMP

T

televisionman007

well i have bad news... the motor will not turn even by hand. Any ideas what to do to unstick it??

roklogan

pour trany fluid in every cylinder let sit 2 or 3 or more days then try to turn it back and forth with a breaker bar at nut on ballancer probably wouldnt hurt to have someone to help hold socket end on the nut while you do this , it works on lots of engines that seize deu to sitting, for years and or try pulling it off in gear with no power engaged as not to start it just to free it up.......a little prayer never hurts

dozer1

Looks like another dump truck with the "sat too long syndrome" I currently have mine blasted apart in my shop.
I think it came from the same place yours did. Maybe we need to start a support group. I got the engine loose by
pulling the heads and pan, then making a big wrench that grabs a crankshaft counterweight and rocking it back and forth. Ofcourse an effort was tried with kerosene and penetrating oil in the injector holes, but that failed. After pulling the pistons it was discovered that the 3 that were the most stuck had stuck rings. One oil control ring was 1/2 disintegrated from the corrosion so it would have been no good to try and just run it. I am sleeving and re-ringing it and along with that there is getting the heads checked out and fuel injectors, and IP. Aint going to be as cheap a truck as I was hoping but I should have a d**n good engine when its done. You prob got pretty bad lookin stuff in your fuel tanks too. I still need to address that before getting too exited about starting it. Hey, I most certainly understand your frustration. Once I got past denial, then came acceptance, now I am working on recovery. Best of luck in whatever route you decide to take with your truck. Dean

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chris did you even try the trick I told you about?
Lube in the cylinders if you can then pull forward in reverse gear or backwards in a forward gear.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks