• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

International Title Service --- A+ SERVICE!

1redgmc

What i would do, is have someone contact him, set up a title deal, send by registered mail, have someone watching the receiving address, follow the mail to the scum bag, then the cops or???, with the amount of money this !@#$%^&%## POS has gotten off people, It should not be to hard to set up
Yep. Greed seems to be the motivational factor here.

1redgmc

It would be better to send a registered letter. That way you have proof it was received, and by whom.

Unfortunately, thread titles cannot be edited. The OP or a MOD can only delete the entire thread and move the posts to a new one. A lot of work.

Good luck with getting your money back, you may need to get an attorney, or Law Enforcement involved. That's not "Good luck" in a sarcastic way, I mean I really hope you get it back.
Good advice. I have a corporate FedEx account, so maybe a nice package with a DIRECT SIGNATURE option is the way to go.

Mister FedEx has to hand the package to someone and get a signature.

Understood on the OP and/or MOD aspect.

Does anyone know this guys real name? If so - can you PM it to me?

Thanks for your good luck sentiments.

Last edited:

1redgmc

You have to remember this thread started over 2 years ago. ALOT changes in that time.

Thanks for posting the Vermont info. Good luck getting the paperwork thru and also getting your money back.
Yeah, I agree that a LOT can change in two years - but a simple fact remains in that what this guy is doing is charging us honest folks a BUTTLOAD of cash for services that we can do ourselves. Looking at the VT website, the process is quite simple and the customer service reps are there to assist us with any questions. What exactly do we gain by using a title service? - NOTHING that we can't do with a small amount of paperwork. This guy is making HUGE profits for putting some ink to paper.

I am kicking myself for being so naive about this stuff. aua

Of course "Fool me once, shame on you" applies here... so even if I don't get my $$ back, I will post on every forum I can to be wary of this guy and his questionable business practices and hopefully save someone else some grief.

2cents

Last edited:

bambambam22

I know this may be a stupid question but has anyone called the Los Vegas PD and asked them for there help and if they wont help call the Los Vegas DA office and if that does not help call the Attorney Generals office and tell them that you have contacted the PD and the DA and they are not willing to help or that they are giving you the runaround and see if that may help. Last maybe the Los Vegas Mayors office of even the Congressman for Nevada and tell them how bad it looks on there state. Yes I know all this takes time but probably not as, much time as you have already put into this and all the addresses and email addresses are on the internet and you could copy and past the same email to all of them. Worth a shot. Heck, send a bunch to Fox News, or a local Las Vegas News station you never know they may pick up the story and investigate it.

“International Crime Ring Uncovered by KWCN News” Tune in at 10 for story

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I still don't understand why the postal inspector wont take a look at this, or even the FBI. this is mail fraud, or interstate fraud

battlebuggy

"Thanks for posting the Vermont info. Good luck getting the paperwork thru and also getting your money back.[/QUOTE]"

One thing to remember is that in order to use the so-called Vermont method you must be a legal resident in the state of Vermont, with a property address as opposed to a PO Box, and you must be trying to register and get papers on a vehicle that you own and garage in Vermont at the above address. The same for Maine.

One of the main reasons that these title pirate companies existed is they set up addresses of record in states that were easy for them to work their schemes. Joe Sh*t the Ragman from Kalamazoo cant just send in some printed out internet forms to register and paper a Shelby Cobra that he bought for 250 bucks to Vermont and they gladly just send him the legal documents.

That is the move that these confidence men were working after they set up a straw address to work from. It is also worth mentioning that the Broadway/ITS hack does not produce a Title which is the ultimate goal, only a registration and a number plate, which is useless in most other states to use to get a title now. You may get by in states that do not require a title due to age, but most states are closing that loophole and requring titles on all trucks regardless of age as time goes on. So it isnt getting easier, thats for sure. Got to buy a truck with a title or a Form 97.

kastein

One thing to remember is that in order to use the so-called Vermont method you must be a legal resident in the state of Vermont, with a property address as opposed to a PO Box, and you must be trying to register and get papers on a vehicle that you own and garage in Vermont at the above address. The same for Maine.

One of the main reasons that these title pirate companies existed is they set up addresses of record in states that were easy for them to work their schemes. Joe Sh*t the Ragman from Kalamazoo cant just send in some printed out internet forms to register and paper a Shelby Cobra that he bought for 250 bucks to Vermont and they gladly just send him the legal documents.

That is the move that these confidence men were working after they set up a straw address to work from. It is also worth mentioning that the Broadway/ITS hack does not produce a Title which is the ultimate goal, only a registration and a number plate, which is useless in most other states to use to get a title now. You may get by in states that do not require a title due to age, but most states are closing that loophole and requring titles on all trucks regardless of age as time goes on. So it isnt getting easier, thats for sure. Got to buy a truck with a title or a Form 97.
this is exactly what I was hoping not to read :( I was hoping I could send stuff to VT as a resident of MA and it would work. Oh well, I knew it was too good to be true...

A friend of mine in my jeep club has property in VT, I'll have to see if maybe he would not mind running stuff to the VT DMV for me. If not, I'll see if my brother in NH or my dad in ME can help out...

1redgmc

"Thanks for posting the Vermont info. Good luck getting the paperwork thru and also getting your money back.
"

That is the move that these confidence men were working after they set up a straw address to work from. It is also worth mentioning that the Broadway/ITS hack does not produce a Title which is the ultimate goal, only a registration and a number plate, which is useless in most other states to use to get a title now. You may get by in states that do not require a title due to age, but most states are closing that loophole and requring titles on all trucks regardless of age as time goes on. So it isnt getting easier, thats for sure. Got to buy a truck with a title or a Form 97.[/QUOTE]

---------------------------------
Hmmm...

This is one of those gray areas and this seems to contradict what the VT DMV is telling me. I'm not saying you are incorrect (I sure could be!) - I'm just relaying what I am experiencing / being told now.

I just spoke with VT DMV (again) asking a few questions about the title package I am submitting. I advised them I was an out-of-state applicant from West Virginia submitting Form TA-VD-119 (Title Application) and I asked questions pertaining to the form and how I should proceed.

The rep walked me through it and I had to complete Sections:

1A
1B
3A
4A
5B
6A

I am including a copy of my Bill of Sale and enclosing a check for the calculated amount (Box 9) which is Registration Fee (derived from Schedule - based on Loaded Truck Weight / Diesel or Gas Fuel), Tax (6%), Title Fee ($31), Priority Handling ($2.25)

BOTH reps I spoke with gave no indication that this would not fly. Maybe I didn't ask the right question(s)?

YES - it does seem too easy to me, but I am hoping I am WRONG and that this is what I need to bring this nightmare to closure.

On the other hand the Vermont TA-VD-119i (Instruction Packet) states:

"Supporting Documents Required for a Vermont Registration and Title"

* Used vehicles which have not been titled, and are not required to be titled:

- Bill of sale must contain sufficient information to identify the vehicle including Make, Year, VIN, Purchase Price, Mileage, Signature of Seller and Date of Sale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOW CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

As I am sitting here typing this - the ITS joker calls my cell phone (it displays UNKNOWN NUMBER of course)

He says: "Yeah, this is International Title - I got your fax" :cookoo:

I said "Yes, when can I expect my refund?"

He says "I sent your package out TWO MONTHS AGO!"

I said "When I spoke to you LAST MONTH - you looked it up in your BOOK and said it would be another two weeks - be patient"

He says "I sent you the tags and everything and I have requested a replacement from DMV and I PROMISE YOU WILL GET IT BY NEXT WEDNESDAY"

He was really spun up, jumping around with what he was saying, contradicting himself on several points. He said he had a delivery confirmation from the Post Office so I challenged him to give me that number and then he says he sent it First Class and this is the second package the Post Office lost. He then asks me if he can fax me the PROOF but he never asks for my fax number. Now I am sure he has it since it is on the fax I sent him - so I am gonna RE-FAX him once again demanding the information.

OK, so I have my entire package COMPLETE and ready to send to VT DMV.

Against my GUT FEELING, I will wait until WEDNESDAY next week (when ITS guy says he PROMISES I will get the title work). If I do not receive the package as promised (wanna make some wagers that it never shows?) - I will send my completed package to the VT DMV via FedEx and see what happens.

I gotta say this is the worst and most messed up business transaction I have ever dealt with.

Battlebuggy - your statement "Got to buy a truck with a title or a Form 97" is 100% correct. I won't make this mistake TWICE.

I'll update when I have more information to share.

Thanks!

Last edited:

1redgmc

OH YEAH - I forgot to say that this guy goes on to tell me that the VT DMV reps do not know what they are talking about - that he deals with some SMALL OFFICE THAT CANNOT MAKE CALLS (IN OR OUT) and that the ONLY CORRESPOND VIA MAIL.

I mean, c'mon, how far can he stretch this story?

I'm gonna go ahead and drop my package off at FedEx TODAY and eliminate the delay. If worse comes to worse and I end up with TWO titles (now that would be interesting) - it may give me the necessary evidence to blow this ITS guys cover and expose his scam to the proper authorities. It would be worth losing $485 to have the satisfaction of putting this guy out of business.

battlebuggy

Hi, Thats exactly the way to do it. Find a family member or buddy that you trust, that lives in ME or VT or even NH, and sell him the truck on a bill of sale, notarized for a normal sounding amount so you dont stir up another nest from making the amount something that raises eyebrows of a RMV/DMV person or Trooper.

Then after a short time they take the papers to their Motor Vehicle people and register it in their name. After a short time that seems reasonable, they then sell it back to you as a perfectly legal transaction. You then can register the vehicle on your own state from those papers. A few points come up:

First is that they may have to pay a sales tax in their state, and second is you will have to pay a sales tax a second time in your state if it is not an immediate family member. I believe the last time I did this it was Mother, Father, Brother, Sister and Aunt and Uncle that you could apply for a sales tax exemption for. If it is a friend it is still OK but the sales tax applies on each transfer, unless of course if he is a Used Car Lic Dealer in his state(which I have had happen).

The third issue that comes to mind is make SURE that you check with your own state and BE SURE that they will register a truck that is coming in from another state, that does NOT HAVE A TITLE. Massachusetts for example now titles all trucks regardless of age and some other small communist countries do as well. If they say they will not deal with it in MA or NJ or wherever without a title, coming from ME or wherever then forget it and sell it to someone in another state.

But I do know of one belonging to a member of this forum who I wouldnt name, that got a MV through in MA just 2 months ago that had this process done in Maine. So there is hope. But Maine issued it a TITLE so MASS. sent the papers right through. The TITLE is GOLDEN. No Title means a lot of these old trucks are becoming parts heaps, or large lawn ornaments in many parts of the US.

The Scamster Pirates like Broadway and ITS basically did the same thing but they blew it up in their face, and now the state Atty Generals are after them, along with the Fed IRS and the State Revenue Depts. for papering 20,000 dollar vehicles for 5,000.00 and paying the tax on the 5K! Google the Court cases out of CA and you can read all about them. Now the minute that a Motor Vehicle legal officer reads their name on a piece of paperwork up goes the red flag, just like with HMMWVs since AMGeneral sent out their letter to all the states regarding the vehicle not conforming with NHTSA requirements as of the date of manufacture. Now there is a growing thing to stop HMMWVs from being registered for highway use that never was an issue before. In that case they have no problem with you owning it or even getting a title, just no registration and plates. The Title companies were pushing bills of sale back and forth on trucks that they never saw and couldnt even say existed when they were brought into court in CA a while back. Hope this helps and I hope your paperwork gets through.

battlebuggy

Hey RedGMC, thats great news on maybe 2 fronts. Looks like you may be on the road soon! And if your Vermont method works then its the best thing I have heard yet. Gets rid of having a brother register it in his name and sell it back to you and all that stuff.

Who ever heard of a Registry of Motor Vehicles off that couldnt call out on their phone. You are right, what a comedian.

1redgmc

I wanted to post an apology to everyone for what has been interpreted by many (quite a few who have advised me of such) as a hate campaign against ITS. Please know that my intentions were to simply alert other members to what could potentially be a title nightmare for them. It sure has been one for me.

I have deleted my posts in other threads - and will discontinue posting on this topic anywhere but here. While my personal opinion of ITS remains the same - I have no hidden agenda and regret the appearance of anything else.

Thanks

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1red, I hope you get your title and you realize your goal.
Regardless of what others may have thought, I read your posts as nothing more than frustration with ITS and their incompetency followed by cover-up.

No harm done here. Carry on.

Rick

1redgmc

Thanks for your support Rick

-----------------------------------------

To recap:

Plan A was to use International Title Service. This hasn't panned out as planned so I took it upon myself to work through Vermont myself (Plan B). VT DMV should receive my title application package today - so I am patiently awaiting something back from them.

Now just to have a "Plan C" in reserve and since I was off today, I browsed the WV DMV site and found nothing relevant to this problem - so I called the main office in Charleston, WV

After explaining my situtation to a couple friendly folks who stated they had no idea how to answer my question(s) I ended up finally being transferred to a nice gentleman that calmly explained that without a title (or SF-97) in hand, I am hosed.

I guess if Plan B fails, I have to return to the gentleman that sold it to me and start over.

aua

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks