• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

International Title Service --- A+ SERVICE!

L999here

...just tried..

Got a chance to call IT and left a message about wanting to title a couple vehicles. Since Los Vegas is 3-hrs. behind me in time,thought I might get a call back as I called about 5:45PM (EST). I concur with earlier post...get the USPS involved,as this is truly a case of mail fraud and also inter-state criminal activity...both are federal crimes. Last guy that did this to me ...over a $400 stamp album...ended up in federal prison for 3-yrs. Use the gov't resource's available and good luck. I'm going to try the VT route...LOL.....

1redgmc

Since so many have suggested it, I filed a Mail Fraud Complaint with the USPS Postal Inspectors Office. At this point, I'll take any assistance I can get to put pressure on this guy to refund my money.

The guy that runs ITS - his name is JOE HOLMES - according to some documents that I found while searching online.

Here is the initial (system generated) response from USPS:

---------------------------------------
"Thank you for completing this form. The information you provided will be entered into our national complaint system.

The U.S. Postal Inspection Service gathers data on mail-related crime to determine whether a violation has occurred. While we can't guarantee that we can recover lost money or items, your information can help alert Inspectors to problem areas and possibly prevent other people from being victimized.

U.S. Postal Inspectors base their investigations on the number, substance, and pattern of complaints received from the public. We ask you to keep all original documents related to your complaint. We will contact you ONLY if more information is needed."
---------------------------------------

We shall see where this leads...

I plan on contacting the local authorities in Las Vegas to see what they might be able to do or what suggestions they may have.

I will also contact the Nevada and Vermont Attorney General's Office and alert them to the potentially fraudulent and criminal activity this guy is involved in.

No drama... only the facts.

mojeeper

I wanted to post an apology to everyone for what has been interpreted by many (quite a few who have advised me of such) as a hate campaign against ITS. Please know that my intentions were to simply alert other members to what could potentially be a title nightmare for them. It sure has been one for me.

I have deleted my posts in other threads - and will discontinue posting on this topic anywhere but here. While my personal opinion of ITS remains the same - I have no hidden agenda and regret the appearance of anything else.

Thanks
It's called word of mouth advertising and it goes both ways good and bad
I personally don't see where you have done any thing wrong by telling your
experience with ITS
best of luck I hope it works out for you
Brent

1redgmc

It's called word of mouth advertising and it goes both ways good and bad
I personally don't see where you have done any thing wrong by telling your
experience with ITS
best of luck I hope it works out for you
Brent
Thanks Brent

The issue was that I searched the forum for all the posts with ITS references in them and pretty much made the same post in each (something like 20 other threads) telling folks to read this thread before they sent their money to ITS. While it was not intended as a smear tactic - some folks saw it that way while others thought I was trying to drive up my post count. :hammer:

Hey, no problem, posts deleted and if folks want to use ITS for their own stuff - more power to them. Maybe they'll get better service than I have.

I was initially fired up over this whole ITS deal and probably over reacted, but now I am just angry and hope to bring this to closure. With any luck - I hope to get my money back plus get a title through the VT DMV so I can actually drive my MV legally. Isn't that the goal of most of the members here - to own and drive an MV, to have fun and enjoy the hobby?

Heck, I was so sure this title crap was all good to go and that "any day now it'll arrive" that I've carried insurance on it for the last six months. That is the kind of stuff that ticks me off most.

OK... I'm done with that... :soapbox:

Thanks again

The wait for VT DMV continues...

motorolanut

Thanks Brent

The issue was that I searched the forum for all the posts with ITS references in them and pretty much made the same post in each (something like 20 other threads) telling folks to read this thread before they sent their money to ITS. While it was not intended as a smear tactic - some folks saw it that way while others thought I was trying to drive up my post count. :hammer:

Hey, no problem, posts deleted and if folks want to use ITS for their own stuff - more power to them. Maybe they'll get better service than I have.

I was initially fired up over this whole ITS deal and probably over reacted, but now I am just angry and hope to bring this to closure. With any luck - I hope to get my money back plus get a title through the VT DMV so I can actually drive my MV legally. Isn't that the goal of most of the members here - to own and drive an MV, to have fun and enjoy the hobby?

Heck, I was so sure this title crap was all good to go and that "any day now it'll arrive" that I've carried insurance on it for the last six months. That is the kind of stuff that ticks me off most.

OK... I'm done with that... :soapbox:

Thanks again

The wait for VT DMV continues...
You are trying to do the right thing informing members of this fiasco.....:beer:

No matter what BB, forum or hobby some members always get their panties in
a bunch...LMMFAO....Ya can't please everybody...

1redgmc

Agree. Can't please everyone...

Well, I got a call from the ITS guy today.

This is AFTER I file a fraud claim with USPS ~and~ submit the application for title to VT DMV aua

ITS man says that they got a replacement for my "...lost by the USPS plates and registration..." and that a "large padded envelope containing TWO VT license plates and a registration card in my name" is headed my way via 1st Class USPS.

I asked for a tracking or delivery confirmation number, but alas, there was NONE available.

He sounded rather confident (as he has so many times before) - so I guess we'll see if I get a package next week or not.

Of course, I won't call VT DMV to try and cancel my title application submission until AFTER I receive the promised package from ITS.

As of today, it has been 183 DAYS since ITS received my paperwork and payment.

I'll update this thread sometime next week regardless of what happens.

Have a Happy New Year

Thanks

tm america

It's really sad that you have to get legal action started to get a responce from a licensed company...I was really looking to do business with them but i wouldn't put a check for a penny in the mail to a company that can't even call potential custumers back..i called and left several messages to them myself inquiring about a title i need to get but i have not recieved one call or email from them..:roll:They say a good word will get to ten people a bad word will get to a thousand..So think twice before you do people dirty:shock:

1redgmc

One thing I should point out, even though it has been alluded to before...

With ITS you DO NOT GET A TITLE. At least not in this case. When he said I had 'plates and registration' on the way - I asked about the title. He said "You take what you are being sent and THEN go to your local DMV and apply for a title".

What? Did I miss something here?

That only means MORE $$$ TO BE SPENT!!!

I went back and looked at the VT DMV site but unless I am reading it incorrectly, they seem to make two contradictory statements in this summary - but maybe someone here can help clarify for me?

The first statement says NO TITLE for vehicles over 15 years old, while further down it says a title will be sent if you own it free and clear.

OR - is it that if your vehicle falls into the criteria in the box (less than 15 years old) - that is the only way you get a title?

--------------------------------------------
Legislation passed in the 1996 session of Legislature changed motor vehicle title requirements. Vermont now titles all vehicles fifteen (15) years old or newer (based on calendar year).
For example ....

If you are registering a vehicle (for the first time in Vermont) in the following time periods:

January 1, 2009 thru December 31, 2009
January 1, 2010 thru December 31, 2010
January 1, 2011 thru December 31, 2011

The issuance of a title will not be required for the following model years (because they would be more than 15 years old at the time of registration):

January 1, 2009 thru December 31, 2009 = 1994 or older
January 1, 2010 thru December 31, 2010 = 1995 or older
January 1, 2011 thru December 31, 2011 = 1996 or older

The State of Vermont titles all vehicles (as defined above) except:
  • Trailers with empty weight of 1,500 lbs. or less
  • Motorcycles with engine size smaller than 300 cubic centimeters
  • ATV's/Mopeds
  • Tractors with loaded weight 6,099 lbs. or less
If there is no loan on your vehicle and you own the vehicle free and clear the title will be mailed to you.
--------------------------------------------

OK, so if no title is issued, and all I get is plates and registration - NOW I have to determine if WV will even accept just having a registration & plate from a different state as a means of obtaining a WV title - AND - I have to check with my insurance company to make sure that running VT plates and registration does not put me at risk for any liability in the unfortunate event of an accident.

I can see an ambulance chaser lawyer salivating over the potential $$ to be extorted over this... :drool:

As other members have pointed out - none of this would be an issue if I had purchased an MV with title in hand.

I would have GLADLY paid a little extra for an MV with a title to avoid all of this BS.

I'm gonna chalk this one up to LIVE AND LEARN 2cents

Last edited:

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm interested to see if Mr. Confident really pulls through on his word that the plates and reg are coming.....

Like you I have ZERO confidence in pathological liars.

Happy New Year to you and best wishes to everyone and your MV enjoyment in the coming year.

Rick

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
...... is headed my way via 1st Class USPS.

I asked for a tracking or delivery confirmation number, but alas, there was NONE available.
I have been following your saga......I feel for ya buddy..... I hope Vermont come thru for you.

If he did indeed send it 1st class then there is no tracking number available. You can only get tracking with Priority and Express mail.

All the rules have changed on licensing vehicles. What worked yesterday doesn't work now..... I have used ITS in the past with great results. But I won't use them now.

No title, no buying the truck.......

1redgmc

I'm interested to see if Mr. Confident really pulls through on his word that the plates and reg are coming.....

Like you I have ZERO confidence in pathological liars.

Happy New Year to you and best wishes to everyone and your MV enjoyment in the coming year.

Rick
Yeah, with six months of NOTHING, I don't expect a lot at this point.

If it turns out that he finally does deliver - it doesn't end there because I still have to try and kill the title application I sent separately to VT and still have to get with the WV DMV to see what pitfalls await me there.

What confuses me most is that when I called and spoke with the VT DMV reps, and specifically inquired about sending in the TITLE APPLICATION using a Bill of Sale - and having them walk me through the entire application - and at NO TIME did they ever state that all I would receive is a set of plates and a registration. Maybe it was presumed that I understood this?

I dunno... but when it is all said and done, I'm gonna do a bulletized write up in a new thread that simply summarizes the end-to-end transactional facts without any bias towards any poor little under-staffed title company in Nevada.

[thumbzup]

1redgmc

If he did indeed send it 1st class then there is no tracking number available. You can only get tracking with Priority and Express mail.
I thought this exact same thing!

However, (my apologies for being off topic of the OP) here is some good news that I recently discovered:

-------------------------
USPS - Delivery Confirmation

Delivery Confirmation may be used with the following services:

First-Class Parcels
Priority Mail
Package Services Parcels
Standard Mail Parcels

Note: A First-Class Mail mailpiece, determined to be a parcel by the dimensions and characteristics of the item, is eligible for Delivery Confirmation.
-------------------------

I think it cost me an extra 75 cents for the Delivery Confirmation option when I sent the original documents to ITS. I sent them in a large padded envelope via Priority Mail. While Delivery Confirmation does not allow for signature or direct delivery confirmation (I think that is the Certified Mail with Return Receipt option) - I believe Delivery Confirmation does provide you with the ability to track your "parcel" online to follow the chain of custody and to know when your "parcel" is dropped off at its destination by the local letter carrier.

I suspect it'll be up to the local post office to tell you what qualifies as a "parcel" since the USPS website doesn't appear to give any clear definition.

Hope this is useful information!

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it cost me an extra 75 cents for the Delivery Confirmation option when I sent the original documents to ITS. I sent them in a large padded envelope via Priority Mail. While Delivery Confirmation does not allow for signature or direct delivery confirmation (I think that is the Certified Mail with Return Receipt option) - I believe Delivery Confirmation does provide you with the ability to track your "parcel" online to follow the chain of custody and to know when your "parcel" is dropped off at its destination by the local letter carrier.

I suspect it'll be up to the local post office to tell you what qualifies as a "parcel" since the USPS website doesn't appear to give any clear definition.

Hope this is useful information![/QUOTE]

the usps also has delivery confirmation signiture required for something like $1.75 you don't get a reciept like certifed but the postal website posts it

AceHigh

Good luck with WV DMV...Occasionally you get an OK person...Most are @#^$%...LOL
Got that right! I recently spent a few extra months getting and AZ title for my A3, as WV DMV would not accept the GL SF97 and bill of sale. It was strange as they had accepted those same docs for 3 other vehicles. Go figure.

GL to their credit was very good about meeting all of WV DMV demands.

1redgmc

YUP...

A set of VERMONT PLATES AND REGISTRATION FROM ITS - that took OVER SIX MONTHS TO GET, but only after filing a FRAUD COMPLAINT with USPS and threatening legal action...

~ AND ~

A set of VERMONT PLATES from the VT DMV that I applied for LESS THAN TEN DAYS AGO

WTF?!?!

Oh, and the set from ITS only has a PARTIAL VIN (they used the first EIGHT alpha-numeric characters) where I submitted the ENTIRE VIN...

NOW WHAT DO I DO?

This is unbelieveable...