• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot - April 2009

Jakob

I'm making an official thread for the KCR shoot this spring. I know a few of us have talked about going, but spread the word around to the rest of the site. I'm pretty local to KCR and I go to the shoot every year. I may be able to take my Deuce down there this year.

If you're going, interested in going or just thinking about it, post here. Maybe we can get some car pools for folks that live kinda far away. Perhaps some of the locals (like myself) can make room for someone to stay and save some cash.

Numbers

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iEn9LGhRT4[/media]

For those that have not been, here is a good representation of what you might see. Other than that even if you don't plan on shooting there is ample opportunities to shop for just that right item.

IRWFO

I have been there a few times and love it. I just have to leave my wife and son in law home this year because they use all my rental money on their MG rentals. My wife is the worst because she likes the mounted guns.
I can't make to April shoot but am going to the October event. I'll be taking the 1009 this time. :-D

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went every time from Fall 1996 to Spring 2003, haven't been back since (too busy with life). If I can get a new job before then, I'll be there this time around...

oilcan

I'm seriously considering it. There's a lot of stuff going on this year, so I need to plan this right.

IRWFO

I found this plan to work best for me when I go.

I drive down from NY and get there Saturday afternoon. Check in at the hotel and take a nap. Get up and head over to the range after a bite to eat. Walk around and get the layout. Then I'll get a good spot for the night shoot right at the fence and behind my favorite gun. Then stand there for an hour or two till the fun starts. :-D
Sunday morning I get an early start. Have a good breakfast and then hit the range. Go right to rentals since unlike Saturday there are no lines to wait on. After the the smoke clears and my wallet get's too light I hit the show and spend what's left. Then it's the 11 hour ride home.
The best stress relief I know. :-D

Sumoman

Ok I am a city boy, learned to like explosives and trucks in the Army, and while a bit on he "red" side this was fun. Diverse it is not, full of guns and various military surplus it is. A few of the vendors.. and I am not joking, were dumping the tri's right there and selling straight from the lot.. it looked like they had picked it up that morning from GL:doh: Still i found some crap like ammo as relatively cheap. The food sucks by the way, and unless you are LEO no carrying guns inside without being locked with a industrial zip tie.

What is funny is the video does not have the new stuff they added. For one there is more crap to shoot at including long distance targets for 50 cal snipers, and they add about 30 explosive packs per round (same crap farmers use to remove stumps... LEGALLY) and paint them Orange, sounds more like:

Tatt ta tat ta tat BOOM!

Gotta say be there for the first shoot of the day, because once that crap starts burning there is smoke everywhere. They had a boat this year that burned for hours after the Explosive set off a fire. Could not see anything.

I will try to be there, and even if you cannot get into the MV section we could start our own in the parking lot. I might try to get in touch with Knob Creek and see if we could reserve a spot. Also if you are game I believe there is a Camp Ground so if your traveling you could save a buck and sleep in the truck bed:-D

I live about 1.5 hours away, which means 2.5 by Deuce I suspect. If enough of us show we might want to plan a lunch, I could bring a grill or something and we could be red-neck enough to tailgate at a Machine gun shoot:-D:beer:

mattgw86

I went to the Spring '07 shoot, There is nothing like it. I have a few friends that are big in class 3 stuff, so they are at every shoot. We usually have a little "tailgate" party with jambalaya. Our food was very popular :-D

If I can get fuel and a hotel room, I might go up there. Then again, the TS diesel event is the week before. Decisions, decisions...

IRWFO

dirty red neck women:-D
The first time I went I brought my son in law. As we were walking down to the main range for the first time a woman behind us say's "excuse me boys". We turn around and see a beautiful blonde southern bell smiling at use while she fast walks past. She was pulling a little red wagon with an M60 in it. We both look at each other and say "this is going to be a great weekend":-D

Numbers

...or you could go city style camping with full amenities: Through KOA

Motorhome no slideouts, 24ft RV length
Pull-thru, Full hookups, 50 amp, WiFi
Deluxe patio sites feature outdoor fireplace, wrought iron furniture and a free load of firewood. All come with WiF i access.
$67.00/night

I am also looking at other places (cheaper and/or free) for those coming in. May be with no electrical hookups but hey its a MV right?

I might be able to get a field near Ft. Knox (not too far away from the Patton museum and the shoot) which will have plenty of room for everything. Will get back on this.

As long as them New Orleans boys know how to fix a proper pot of Jambalaya then we ok up here :)

Jakob

If someone's wanting to go but can't afford a hotel, I have a fold out couch in the basement (finished basement that is). PM me if you're interested. It's ALWAYS a great time.

AJMBLAZER

My buddy lives in Lexington and I SHOULD be down that weekend. No MV's unfortunately.

Anybody heard any rumors about the ammo prices? My buddy said last year it was all expensive. Wouldn't mind picking some more ammo up. Bet there will be lots of others with that idea though.