• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot - April 2009

Numbers

My buddy lives in Lexington and I SHOULD be down that weekend. No MV's unfortunately.

Anybody heard any rumors about the ammo prices? My buddy said last year it was all expensive. Wouldn't mind picking some more ammo up. Bet there will be lots of others with that idea though.
I get most of my ammo out at Knob Creek but I usually buy bulk in lots of 1000. Depends on which ammo you need. I don't know what you need but if you post it I can find you a low price.

Multiple sources for 5.56 and 5.45.

AJMBLAZER

Looking for 1000 of 7.62x39mm. Should be at least, a friend of the family is a bit slow on the uptake that this sort of ammo and what fires them is getting harder to get and more expensive.

Might be looking for some 12ga buck in bulk but dunno yet. I don't really have a firm list for myself just looking for a good deal. Gas on the way down and back will probably kill me so I dunno what I'M looking for just what he says he's looking for.

Numbers

OK, got off the phone with one of the people who lives on the road next to the range (in the little brick house on your left after the bridge).

1. From Thursday evening to Monday morning is $40.00 for the camp facilities, Friday to Monday is $30.00, Saturday to Monday is $20.00. Very primitive he warned and only real facilities are porta potties. Lot handles over 600 People/vehicles and he has never had to turn anyone away.

2. Ammo as you know is extremely hard to come by cheaply. There will be vendors there with their vast stocks of ammo. However, that will be the determining factor on what ammo goes for (at least the type some people might be looking for). It will be cheaper than gun stores but not cheaper than pre-2009 days probably.

3. Gate admission is $10 dollars each day.

Campground is located directly past the little brick house on the left is a road, take that road and there should be a guard type shack setup for admission.

Last edited:

zb39

5.56 ammo is high now, like all the others.....:twisted: IF you can find a good price, buy enough for life. I have said it before, MV's are cheap compared to guns.

Sumoman

The first time I went I brought my son in law. As we were walking down to the main range for the first time a woman behind us say's "excuse me boys". We turn around and see a beautiful blonde southern bell smiling at use while she fast walks past. She was pulling a little red wagon with an M60 in it. We both look at each other and say "this is going to be a great weekend":-D
And you SOOOOOO understand what I meant by Dirty Red Neck Women:twisted:

Nothing like a good looking blonde with a loaded M-60!

Sumoman

The price of ammo is getting crazy. Worst then that is try and find some. All the internet companies I buy from are for the most part out of 5.56
I am LEO, we shoot all the time and I get the brass for FREE:-D

45, 5.56, 9mm, 40 cal, 308, Muh - hahahahahahahahaha its reloading time:twisted:

Sumoman

I switched days so I do not know if I will have the Deuce from GL and licensed by then :driver: but i will be there. So i will get off from work at 0700, get a few hours sleep and then come up.

Any plans for making lunch.. or is it buying stomach cramping crap burgers?

AJMBLAZER

Just wanted to add that my buddy's dad will likely be there with us. My brother and father are unlikely maybes. No MV's still unfortunately.

Jakob

If you're going to be there, and you're interested in getting together for lunch, post up your phone number. I'm thinking Hooters would be a good place, good food and good... scenery;-) MV or not, it'll be cool to put faces to the names.

Sumoman

My number is 859-983-3660. I have a buddy driving because I will be about asleep until my normal wake time around 3pm, so if i have a Deuce by then I would be a hazard driving:driver:

I would like to meet for an semi early lunch, would save some time, and allow those who are driving MV to convoy into the shoot which would be cool. Jakob pick a time, and we'll organize here on the site. Anyone who wants to come and meet at Hooters leave the information here or PM Jakob.

Jakob

I normally get to the show at about 7:30 to 8am. Walk around and check it out until about noon. Lunch takes place by noon, I'm normally starving by then anyway.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks