• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lansing Mi to Cincinnati,Oh

ODdave

Lol, I was confused.

Dave. It would be great if I could find out for shure. I looked at 15-20 trans today and not a one bolted from the inside out. I have only seen spicers do this but There could be others. I am searching all over the net with no luck. It would be great if there was a tag on the dam thing.....

camp9

If you find one up north here or Wisconsin let me know and I can pick it up and bring it down. I have to go to McCoy this week, and can pick up over that way too if I can help out.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, are you sure Big Bird is 24 volt? You said you were slave starting it when your alts failed, right?

ODdave

Hey, are you sure Big Bird is 24 volt? You said you were slave starting it when your alts failed, right?
Yea. I figured out its not, The bats where wired in series when we picked it up though. Not shure why. Hooked them up right, charged them and now it starts and runs great.

southdave

Maybe it can be rebuilt, I am sure the fork is what caused it just wonder how extensive the Rebuild would be?? There is also no tag Borg Warner trannies i thought it stamp into the case usally on top behide the shift tower.. my guess it T98 or T19 but Navistar is kind of cyptic and unreliable, unpredicible much the same as AMC was about OEM crap. ie 4 engines 8 trannie combo ect..
the above is my exper. with old pos ford 1 tons and what i have gleen from others recently,and more than likely i wrong as useally

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I heard that he was headed north the end of the month. Camp9 said that Southdave was getting hold of me to pick them up.

I just want to make sure they head north.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks