• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lansing Mi to Cincinnati,Oh

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Brother just scrapped his IH state truck like that one and has the engine and tranny on a trailer out at his house. I'm not sure what it would take to get it or if it would work but I can PM his info if you want to talk to him. I think the engine is a Cat 3208.

ODdave

There may be hope...... I forgot about a spot I had some junk stashed, Low & behold there was an International gasser with a trans and a stupidly long bellhousing. Brad & I peeled it off tonight and its in the garage thawing out, Will take some mesurments after dinner.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I dropped the 3 battery boxes off at SW's yesterday, all that is needed is for Southdave to contact SW and pick up the motors and batt boxes and head north.

ODdave

Ok, got a few more minutes to work on BB. Biult a new pto shaft as some how they bent the other one (dunno if it was GL or not) got the pto cleaned & shimmed up on the new trans. She works.

Attachments

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, in the end did your truck have a 435 transmission?

My 1984 IH 1724 had a Clark CL 455 transmission.

Last edited:

ODdave

Dave it was great to meet you yesterday, Wish everything would have went smoother but hey, Its a reason to buy something else up here and give it a shot again right? Mabye next time I can actually get out of work so my dad dosnt have to "entertain" all day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks