• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Lansing Mi to Cincinnati,Oh

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would say your correct (NP435)

IDENTIFICATION - NP435 4spd, iron case, aluminum top cover. Top loaded, tower shift "Granny-Low" truck transmission with cast iron case and rectangular aluminum top cover. Main bearings may be either ball or tapered design. It is non-synchronized in 1st gear and synchronized 2nd through 4th. The Syncro are aluminum ring/pin assemblies and the 3rd/4th syncro has outer "pie plates". There are no brass syncro rings. The casting number will be C-9XXXX.
It's easy to get the correct parts the first time from drivetrain.com. Using the application tables below just locate your vehicle model, model year, number of cylinders and engine size read across to identify correct overhaul kit part number.​

southdave

DH apparently it has 10" or so length on imput shaft.. 435 buck
also deep and shallow bell housing 300 bucks
still have buy the rest of the crap
considering 2 things buy a 7.3 with spicer 5 speed (1.1) for the tranny crap 800 bucks
or get the dt360 with the 6 speed out the barn drag it north and get a swaping going
hate to waste the 6.9 and expand the effort..
However I did find take out in Mi have to call , also dave still digging though the snow
I did find out that that gasser and diesel tranny are different in 4th gear ratios...

ODdave

Over all length of the input shaft looks to be 12.5in. Stickout length is 10in and it is 1.25 diam 10 spline with a 1in pilot. The rear yoke dosnt want to come off so I cant get a exact mesurment off it yet.

Input is also a tapered bearing

Last edited:

ODdave

And unfortunatly it looks like like it shares nothing more than the top plate with the other ford/ dodge ones......

Dave where did you find that one in MI?

southdave

kalimazoo ..I have number on my desk @ work I'll pm you tomorrow
d
Number off website was smoke and mirriors... Goodys in toledo has some although the need cast number number on rear of and build # 3 number in all

what has to be fab just the cross member? dose it have hyd. clutch? ect.. maybe 9 speed and air compressor

Last edited: