• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDS 465 1a rebuild or repower ?

I have looked at replacing my LDS with a ENDT 675 mack engine in my m52a2.I will start collecting parts . I bought a bell housing and I'm looking for a flywheel .I even thought of having the ENDT 675 fly wheel machined to fit from SAE#1 TO SAE#2 . I don't know if mack ever made a SAE#2 clutch for a ENDT engine other then what the military used ?

Thanks I will check them out . the parts people I have talked to so far have never seen a sae#2 clutch in a mack only sae#1 .

I already PM AMGENERAL and herd back from him . His video and pictures of his cab swamp really helped with my decision on what engine to go with if I find the right parts it a bolt in fit .

I bought two mack ENDT engines today one is a 673E and not sure about the other. The one engine has a SAE #2 bell housing I was told mack only used SAE#2 clutch on there gas engines or the military trucks .the same engine has a belt driven power steering pump .that I have never seen on a mack .

I checked on pistons and liners for both engines and they where about the same . the LDS pistons have less rings then the old ones so maybe they have less compression = less power .maybe the military wanted this because the 5 ton LDS engine when rebuilt it would go back in a m35 and not a 5 ton I don't really know . I want a engine that has better power then I had and maybe I will get a little better fuel mileage . You are so right about the true shape of the new engine I will be pulling the pans and checking the bearings .

I pulled the fly wheel and bell housing off of the Mack ENDT 673 E today I noticed that the military bell housing holds the seal for the crank on the civilian engine it has a housing that holds the seal . I have to pull the pan next and check the main and rod bearings .

Attachments

I pulled the oil pan on my ENDT 673 E I don't know what oil was used in this engine but it was very clean ( Rotella clean ) I pull a main and a rod cap both had bearings dated 8-98 they looked real good the crank looked very good . I noticed that this engine has no piston oilers .

Attachments

I could use some pictures of a mack 673 in a truck I have never seen one .I know the top frame rail cut but I'm not sure how much is gone or how long the cut is . also any pictures of the front of the engine in the frame and how much space between the fan and the radiator ? thank you

Pulled the LDSa1 out of the truck today I need to reroute the fuel line air line and replace the brake line on top of the third member .

I set the Mack ENDT 673 in my truck today to see what I need to change . The frame needs to be trimmed I not sure how much to trim off may be a Mack owner could Please post some pictures ?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks