• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LDS 465 1a rebuild or repower ?

I have looked at replacing my LDS with a ENDT 675 mack engine in my m52a2.I will start collecting parts . I bought a bell housing and I'm looking for a flywheel .I even thought of having the ENDT 675 fly wheel machined to fit from SAE#1 TO SAE#2 . I don't know if mack ever made a SAE#2 clutch for a ENDT engine other then what the military used ?

Thanks I will check them out . the parts people I have talked to so far have never seen a sae#2 clutch in a mack only sae#1 .

I already PM AMGENERAL and herd back from him . His video and pictures of his cab swamp really helped with my decision on what engine to go with if I find the right parts it a bolt in fit .

I bought two mack ENDT engines today one is a 673E and not sure about the other. The one engine has a SAE #2 bell housing I was told mack only used SAE#2 clutch on there gas engines or the military trucks .the same engine has a belt driven power steering pump .that I have never seen on a mack .

I checked on pistons and liners for both engines and they where about the same . the LDS pistons have less rings then the old ones so maybe they have less compression = less power .maybe the military wanted this because the 5 ton LDS engine when rebuilt it would go back in a m35 and not a 5 ton I don't really know . I want a engine that has better power then I had and maybe I will get a little better fuel mileage . You are so right about the true shape of the new engine I will be pulling the pans and checking the bearings .

I pulled the fly wheel and bell housing off of the Mack ENDT 673 E today I noticed that the military bell housing holds the seal for the crank on the civilian engine it has a housing that holds the seal . I have to pull the pan next and check the main and rod bearings .

Attachments

I pulled the oil pan on my ENDT 673 E I don't know what oil was used in this engine but it was very clean ( Rotella clean ) I pull a main and a rod cap both had bearings dated 8-98 they looked real good the crank looked very good . I noticed that this engine has no piston oilers .

Attachments

I could use some pictures of a mack 673 in a truck I have never seen one .I know the top frame rail cut but I'm not sure how much is gone or how long the cut is . also any pictures of the front of the engine in the frame and how much space between the fan and the radiator ? thank you

Pulled the LDSa1 out of the truck today I need to reroute the fuel line air line and replace the brake line on top of the third member .

I set the Mack ENDT 673 in my truck today to see what I need to change . The frame needs to be trimmed I not sure how much to trim off may be a Mack owner could Please post some pictures ?

Attachments