• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

LMTV Adventure

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We made it into the driveway in Gardnerville at 12:00 am. Now if I can just get my ears to stop ringing. Everything went well right up to the end. Heading to the Genoa Bar tonite to celebrate with friends.

Anyone know what size headlamps this uses. They need replacing..

George

Congratulations!

I replaced my headlamps with Truck-Lite, 7" round LED lights. They are far superior to the originals, nice and clear and bright. There is not a number on the box but their website is www.truck-lite.com, 800.562.5012 http://www.truck-lite.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&productId=92025 They are listed as DOT compliant and Military Spec. Listed as replacements for 6014,6015,6016 H6024 and Par 56. I had to do a little modification to the existing wiring connectors but they dropped right in and work great.

Last edited:

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Restoration begins!

Yesterday, I stripped out the old floor mats door trim and door locks.

Anyone know where to source the 1" rubber floor drain parts? I could see these coming in handy when fording..

Pointman

Lmtv772

Banned
Restoration begins!

Yesterday, I stripped out the old floor mats door trim and door locks.

Anyone know where to source the 1" rubber floor drain parts? I could see these coming in handy when fording..

Pointman
I can see if they are with the M1088 parts truck.

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Without those plugs the rodents can get in, too. Found that out the obvious way and had to do a little trapping. A wad of aluminum foil works temporarily and the little vermin do not like to gnaw through it.

If anyone finds a source, I need some of those plugs too. Note that the plugs apparently reach deep enough to fit both holes, one in floor, one in sub-floor. The aluminum foil works long term too!

Bob

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So far, the best parts supplier seems to be Summit Racing and DK Hardware. I have new Hella halogen headlamps and rubber floor plugs from Summit. New door seals and window channel trim from DK.. I also have a bunch of HushMat coming so I'll take pics of the cab work this weekend. I also found that Rustoleum makes military matching paint in spray cans with rust inhibitor. I wiped out my local ACE Hardware. Obviously they have me by the short and curlies now.. I will also replace all the crap dash and heaterbox hardware with stainless metric stuff. This is getting fun!
George

Pointman0853

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Door Locks!

Took my door locks to the local locksmith on Monday. Yesterday I got them back with new matching keys... Huzzah!!!

UPS has also brought me 4 little 16oz bags of tire balancing powder. Just have to figure out how to get it in there without breaking the bead..

Pointman

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Take the wheels off if its an east coast truck chances are there is mud caked on the rim where you cant see. This is what I found when I changed over to newer rims and tires.
dirtywheel.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks