• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a tow bar.

Lonesome715

I have found some Tow bars over here in the scrap yard that are in damn fine shape. But they are the big ones and I can only imagine what the shipping would cost.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wouldn't there be liability issues with making and selling home made tow bar units?

I toyed with the idea of making them to sell awhile back and this is what got me worried. I thought about putting a sticker on them that said "do not use for towing" and let people do with them what they wish but I don't know if that would hold up in court.

SR71BLACKBIRD

I need to see some pictures and measurements will help too. The first time i ever saw one is stretch had one but i didnt look close. I might have enough material to make 2 right now.
And as far as liability, who would you sue if the military towbar failed? UNCLE SAM?

Lonesome715

That man has some talent. I planned on biulding my own tow bar some day. But I seriously doubt it will turn out like that. Craftsmanship like that does not come cheap. So even if I pay some one to make a tow bar for me, I will still be out the same if not more money.

m109guy

And as far as liability, who would you sue if the military towbar failed? UNCLE SAM?
They will not only sue the person who had the accident but also the person who made the tow bar if they find out who made it. You just need one person to say that you made it and you are screwed.

Also, if you build a tow bar for someone and it fails, that person who you sold the tow bar to has a great case against you.

Think about it.

If you are making a tow bar for yourself, then I don't see a problem. But when it comes to selling them to others...

I am not trying to rain on your parade, but it would be a good idea to think these things out a little bit before you become sarcastic about it.

grounded

Banned
Lonestar was just getting in line. not stepping on your toes.

Just FYI. best way and cheapest to ship a tow bar. Is break it down in 2 sticks. and then just duct tape the ends all up and slap a UPS label on it ;-) either way. for $250 for a tow bar ill take it with shipping AFTER Lonestar gets his and i make my spot in line :twisted:

Lonesome715

Lonestar was just getting in line. not stepping on your toes.

Just FYI. best way and cheapest to ship a tow bar. Is break it down in 2 sticks. and then just duct tape the ends all up and slap a UPS label on it ;-) either way. for $250 for a tow bar ill take it with shipping AFTER Lonestar gets his and i make my spot in line :twisted:
Thanks. I have lost parts I was looking for that way. So some times I get a little over protective.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks