• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a tow bar.

Lonesome715

This is what the description says.

"Military Surplus, Tows most soft skin vehicles but probbaly not armor. good used medium tow bar w/reinforce upgraded ends, this unit will include one - 1" pin and two -3/4" pins."

I do not speak the tow bar language.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yes, that is what you want. It tells you that it does not come with feet. Just the pins required to hold it together. The 1"pin goes where the "legs" spread(hehe). The 3/4" pins adjust the length.

Lonesome715

I have one of the feet. So maybe this will work if I can find another foot some where around here.

What is going on with the other bars that were mentioned?

m.walker

1" big truck , 3/4" smaller vehicles .The pins that hold the feet to the towbar and the feet to the D-ring mounts on the truck are 1" for big trucks . The pins for smaller vehicles have a 3/4" pin hole on the feet for smaller vehicle D-ring mounts .

Last edited:

Lonesome715

I would rather buy from a fellow SS member first. I prefer not to take a chance with Ebay. It is not like I can do anything from over here if the deal goes bad.

jwaller

austin is a fellow MV enthusiast and he posts quite a bit on the g503 board. keep checking his site as he gets new stock almost daily. you don't have to worry about him as I've spent thousands with him over the years.

You will need tow bar feet with 1" holes on both sides of it to tow a deuce or anything larger. 3/4" pins for smaller vehicles ie hmmwv or cucv

Lonesome715

My wife is trying to locate the one tow bar foot that I sent home a while back. Once I have the photograph I will paot it so you all can tell me if it is the correct one.

Oh yeah, thanks for the heads up.

SR71BLACKBIRD

Ok, I did find out you are right. Even if the bar does not fail but is being used when an accident occurs, I can be held responsible. Mainly because the total weight might exceed 26,000 lbs (hope you have a CDL) Even if I sell it as a USED bar I am responsible and can be sued. So untill my lawyer finds a way out I will not be making any. Thanks for the heads up though.

Jakelc15

Ok, I did find out you are right. Even if the bar does not fail but is being used when an accident occurs, I can be held responsible. Mainly because the total weight might exceed 26,000 lbs (hope you have a CDL) Even if I sell it as a USED bar I am responsible and can be sued. So untill my lawyer finds a way out I will not be making any. Thanks for the heads up though.
Maybe you could sell me a pen for $xxx.00 amount of dollars and I get a free tow bar with it!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like the JR towbar from heII, otherwise known as the smaller version of the large towbar, very heavy duty. PM kipman, he's goes there often.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I dunno about that 125# weight estimate Roger has on that one. It is certainly heavy enough and a bunch of folks are using them. Gimpy and Poppop come to mind up front!

jwaller

item 330306674518

thats not a medium. it's a heavy. you can tell because the feet are different. meant for heavier loads. light armor and such.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yeah, I have 2 of that model(soon to be 3). I like them alot. The feet are different than the mediums, harder to find, but that one looks complete. I doubted the 125lbs too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks