• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Looking for a tow bar.

part of the reason they are high is because they get bent easy and then get thrown away to junk i would not sell mine for less than 800.00 its got all the hardware. we have all paid good money for them so if you want one prepare to pay dearly for it . Doc out

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Austin Weber just listed another one for $450. At one point, I'd say one was crazy for selling them at this price but right now, seems like a fair deal. On that note, does anyone have any tow bar parts, incomplete bars or spare bar parts they want to trade?

m.walker

I bought some to fix up and sell because I thought I could get more at auction , maybe I'll keep them . I haven't seen very many on the auctions lately . The green one on the left was bent so I cut the tube and shortened it so it would work . I think they would be easier to make then find .

Attachments

Last edited:

lavarok

Austin's medium tow bars do not have the feet with 1" pin holes. Last I checked, they either had no feet or had feet with 3/4" pin holes. Not sure on the large tow bars.

From shopping around for tow bars and the proper feet, I can tell you that eastern surplus's tow bars for sale are not a bad deal. Proper 1" pin hole feet for a medium tow bar are going for $75 each. Had I not just bought a tow bar, I would have bought mine from Eastern. He just got them a few weeks ago and I missed it by 1 week. It would have SAVED me money. He is selling them for $680 with the correct 1" pin hole feet.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The holes for length are 3/4. You can use the hmmvw feet, you just have to use a bushing in the deuce mounts to reduce it to 3/4 from 1". To answer your question, yes. That is what you want.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks