• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M series cup holder

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
maddawg308 said:
Not to hijack the thread, but what's going on with all those holes underneath the cupholder on your dash? Looks like someone with a DeWalt got really ticked at the sheetmetal one day and just started drilling.
im not really sure. they were there when i got the truck. the previous owner didnt do it, he really didnt do anything to the truck except drive it. before him it came from joe youngs. i think it was some hack job try at a loudspeaker installation or somthing by the grunts. there is 4 holes that are perfectly measures and the rest are just blasted through in no appearent order

joec

Lol..went to wawa this morning to get coffee lol..lol..forgot i'm not in my superduty..lol...was like crap need a coffee holder. Still havent got one yet. I'll make one someday. Or take someone with me to hold it..lol

Oh yeah truck drives great. Took it to work 29 miles one way runs good. WISH I COULD PUT THE 6.0 IN IT WITH THE TRANS AND A EDGE SETUP...LOL

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice cup holder, but where's the light? How do you find it in the dark? It should be a red light , of course, so it doesn't affect your night vision. Obiviously an oversight.

Lee in Alaska

FrankUSMC

A "rest of the story" on Bill W's binocular holder, or big gulp holder...
I sold him the binocular holder at a show in Georgia. I had a few, and NO BODY wanted them. I was also , selling them cheap, but could not even give them away.
Bill buys one from me, every body thinks he has lost his mind or he knows something about the price of scrape metal going up.
The following year, Bill shows up in his BEAUTIFUL M37, and mounted in the M37 is the binocular holder.....even looks "factory". He tells every one that it is his big gulp holder and he has not had a drink turn over in his M37 sence the day he mounted it. Every one rushed my truck at this time, they gotta have a big gulp holder!! I sold every one that I had that morning after Bill showed up with his truck. I kept two for myself, but in a moment of weakness sold one to my freind who has my old M37 (Marine tracs)
Till this day I still get request for the "big Gulp" holder.
Thanks Bill for thinking outside the box.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET.

Bill W

Frank
I did not want to mention your name as I knew you were out of them and did not want you to get trampled again for one., Don't forget I have first dibs if you come across more [thumbzup]

MarineTracs

Here are two photos of my 'cup holder' that I acquired from my buddy FrankUSMC. Even though the Tiger beer bottle is about 40 years old, and from Vietnam, I do not travel with it in the 'holder'. That is my living history mode.
Also one photo showing some up coming projects for my M37

Attachments

jblack6527

Re: RE: Re: RE: M series cup holder

gimpyrobb said:
Might have to try that one. I have been using a roll of duct-tape. It sticks to the floor board so it won't move around on you and is there in case of trouble. :)
Haha, I'm with gimpy here, I used to do that in my old CJ-5. Worked like a charm. It gets pretty nasty looking if it ever gets wet though..

Srjeeper

maddawg308 said:
Ha! I'm gonna have to fab up one of those myself!

Mike, I think ya might run out of driveshaft and dashboard before ya build one big enough to fill that requirement, if I remember correctly.. :roll: :D :lol: :D :lol: :D :lol: :shock:

No.2Diesel

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: M series cup holder

HAHAHA you got that Bill :) Sluuurrp! Crack! Sluuurrrp!! etc.

Hey Bill: Have you posted pics of your Deuce? I'd love to see it.

tsmall07

gimpyrobb said:
I have been using a roll of duct-tape. It sticks to the floor board so it won't move around on you and is there in case of trouble. :)
Thats what I do in the cucv and my old f150! Works great. 8)

davidkroberts

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: M series cup holder

we have always used a roll of duck tape.... seems to work okay. besides who doesnt travel without it anyway.

dave in tenn

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks