• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M series cup holder

saddamsnightmare

June 15th, 2008.

Permit me to point out that the dual rifle rack holder for the M35, does really well to hold one (1) 20 Oz. libation in the plastic bottle, if you fit it behind the rack between the bracket and the dashboard..... However, I would recommend NOT putting your Dad's or A&W Root Beer bottle(s) up there, as you WILL get pulled over by the P.D. (and be very lucky if it's not a drinking & driving charge). The Binocular holders look like they'd do very well, it's just that my Deuce has the gunners/passenger seat and spring driver's seat, so there's no where near the floor to mount one if I had it........
Darn M35's, who needs cup holders anyway....REAL men come with their own cup holders ( and blue ----- to prove it (or red ones, if you're drinking hot coffee)! Do the M35A3's come with cup holders?????

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Desert Storm and Vietnam Veteran Deuce
1968 Johnson Corp M105A2 Cargo Trailer
1967 Hercules Gas Gen-Set APU MEP023A
1963 Swiss Army Cargo Unimog, S.404.114 MB [thumbzup]

N.B. : If any of you guys have any spares,.........If you get a chance, roll me over one of those "Tiger" or "Ba BE Ba Beer" bottles, my truck served in Vietnam and I think that would be a cool conversation piece.... Wonder what kind of beer they had in Saudi Arabia or Kuwait in 1991 (probably none or warm)????????? :funny:
Regards,
Kyle F. McGrogan

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice to the OP, but that's where the missle and flamethrower controls are on my truck, definately like the cupholders, just need to find another place to put them.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 814 rides so smooth, that I just place the drink on top of the transfer case hump, just behind the HI/LO selector. Haven't lost one yet!!!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The 814 rides so smooth, that I just place the drink on top of the transfer case hump, just behind the HI/LO selector. Haven't lost one yet!!!
Yes the 5Ts have a VERY smooth ride, even on take off, now the landing could use a little help

ptg530C

I prefer the cheap plasic ones at autozone. they hook into the defroster slots real nice and the come in colors to match your interior.

ptg530C

I also velcro a book reading light to the center pillar on the windshield. 9V batts so you dont have to worry about wiring and volts.

big block 88

we used the plastic ones that hang from the auto parts stores, we cust the hangers off and used 2 self tapping screws to secure them to the dash. They work perfect, and they don't rattle, well they don't rattle more than the rest of the cab.:cookoo:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just use a plastic "sippy" cup so it can't spill. If it falls over it just rolls around the cab but I have to wait until it rolls back to get another drink. rofl

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have "swivel" mount, open faced, and home-made in mine. I will get some photos and put 'em up. They work VERY well for me, not matter what the terrain or angle of the truck! They were easily made and mfg in my "shop" at the house.
God bless!
Tony:grin:

Darwin T

i have 3 deuces so to save time and money. cup holder from academy and 90 pound magnet from harbor freight. put them together and poof a deuce cup hold. it fits great on the front window support on the door, and can hold even very large cups and not spill. i just move it to the truck i am driving.

this is a great place to mount a cup holder if you want to bolt it on.

Attachments

usmctopgun

i have 3 deuces so to save time and money. cup holder from academy and 90 pound magnet from harbor freight. put them together and poof a deuce cup hold. it fits great on the front window support on the door, and can hold even very large cups and not spill. i just move it to the truck i am driving.

this is a great place to mount a cup holder if you want to bolt it on.
Best one yet!

Darwin T

thanks.

if you ever need it to look stock all you need to di is pull it off and through it in the glove box or stick it to the wall behind the seat. just don't stick a 90 pound magnet on a flat surface that you can't slide it off of, it is almost perment. if you use less that 90 pund magnet it will come loose.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks