• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1009 roof rack

charlietango

I am fabricating one to work with my turret. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/40816-m1009-gun-truck.html

It is going to have quick attach ruck hooks, side/rear jerry can holders (one on each rear assembly)

It is low profile and will carry most of the junk on the sides. There is a rear swing gate spare tire assembly that is also going to mount half to it and half to the rear bumper (have not finalized this part of the design yet)

CDN-CUCV

CDN... you either work very slow... or you are a dirty stinky liar.. :-D where's the pics lol or still a work in progress?
I don't like your tone, so you can wait...;-)

However, for the rest of you that are interested, I will be completing the ladder and the rest of the rack bits when the weather dries up. For now, it's a rack, it does rack stuff as a good rack should. I can climb all over my rig without one. But when I do finally get around to doing it, I will post pics. So patience Mudstone, patience grasshopper...

For now, a current rack pic to saticfy the 'need-to-know-now' types. Enjoy.

Attachments

CDN-CUCV

I am fabricating one to work with my turret. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/40816-m1009-gun-truck.html

It is going to have quick attach ruck hooks, side/rear jerry can holders (one on each rear assembly)

It is low profile and will carry most of the junk on the sides. There is a rear swing gate spare tire assembly that is also going to mount half to it and half to the rear bumper (have not finalized this part of the design yet)
I like your design ideas. I eventually would like to incorporate more jerry can capacity and a swing-out rack. more or less a special forces type looking vehicle. I found another top from a '91 Blazer with sliding windows and I had the idea of installing a mg ring with a pintle to handle a .50 cal. but then again, I'd like to do many things...

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Here's my homemade roof rack. Cost about $120 in materials, half of that being expanded metal for the flooring. Measures 5X7 so I can set up my tent on top when in bear country. The fiberglass roof is surprisingly strong. I used 6 mounting spots evenly spaced next to the boxed section of the "frame". The top doesn't budge a bit with me walking around up top. This past weekend was it's first real test up in Monache Meadows. Going to build an awning that folds up and can be attached on either side for shade.

Attachments

Reactions: bdc

CycleJay

Ok, had to take a pic...

Picked this rack up today for next to nothing. All steel, expanded metal basket floor, built like a masonary outhouse. It's resting on my 'custom' 2 x 4" spruce mounts for now until I fab up some sill plate mounts for between the top and the box.
Looks good,

Makes me think about putting one like that on my M1009, so I can free up interior space too.
Please pm me, with more info. on how you did it. So if I decide to, I can do the same,
or similar.

Thank you, Have a good night,

CJ

zoo

Nice DJ
I,m still lookin around for a used prefabed one but I may have to build myself.
what color is your 1009 ?
Mine is carc brown not tan and yours looks the same ,didnt know anybody else had one this color.
Love the pics.How about some closeups of the rack and mount area brackets?

dskchevy

OK, Here's mine........ I told my buddy who is a welder, That I needed to put 1000# on a roof rack, So this is as far as we got.......... going to start on a basket soon ($$$$$) The best part is I can run toppless (And have for months) And top will still slide back on.......
I know the tarp looks funny.......But my Girls were burning up with the hot Texas sun.... :cool:

Attachments

Last edited:

niferous

For you guys that have done one, how thick is the steel you are using that attaches to the bed? Does it effect the the seal at the top of the cab or at the top of the back glass at all?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks