• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m1102 trailer mods

sgthawk

I had been contemplating on where I wanted and how I wanted to install the 30lb propane tanks. I just ordered some TB28 brackets from Helmar parts and wil be installing both of them on the extended rail that I buit next to the generator.I will post pictures once I install them.

image.jpg

sgthawk

I finally got the propane tanks mounted and for the inturm I decided just to rattle can the trailer all tan. I adjusted the pintail hitch and spent some time distributing the weight inside the trailer with all my camping gear. Road test was a success and I was able to get the truck up to 65mph with no wobble.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

rustystud

Brackets came in today. I need to decide if I should permanently weld them on or bolt them on.
View attachment 572962View attachment 572961View attachment 572963View attachment 572964

I'm also going to be installing propane tanks to my M105 trailer. Does the TB28 brackets from Helmar allow you to use bolts on the vertical brackets ? Or do they only have the base for support ? I will be mounting mine to the side of the trailer and will not have a base to bolt to.
Thanks Sarge.

sgthawk

New project under way. I will be converting the surge breaks to electrical breaks, converting the military plug to a 7 wire plug, installing adjustable drop down legs on the rear of the trailer and installing a tepui tent. I am still considering swapping the tires out with 33in tires to drop the trailer height which will allow me to keep the roof top tent on and still be able to put it in the storage unit.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks