• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M1165

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :(
I will probably call CSM tomorrow and see what a set mounted would cost with shipping. I don’t know anyone else sells them and google wasn’t much help. They have new Baja ta tires for 235ea I don’t know how much more wheels will cost if they even have them. Really bad timing.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ask then what the DOT date is on them, I suppose you are going for "new" tires, also ask them if they were mounted.
Unmounted and stored indoors are obviously best.
EDIT, also check the prices of there wheels against this option, You would need to mount them though, which I prefer because I try to buy tires based as above and a it is much easier to determine that they have not been mounted and they were not stored outdoors.
I have bought these and were happy but for the fact the nuts provided were not hard enough, easy enough to get good grade 8 flanged nuts.
AND the shipping is not bad when combined with bead locks.. and the bead locks are cheaper when paired with the wheels for some dang reason, at least the last time I looked.

Last edited:

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
$75 vs 135, dang near pays for the wheel!
EDIT: Sorry, almost forgot the o rings did not fit correctly
I think package deal is cheaper option and I don’t have to mount them and shipping from different places might be more expensive. I will find out tomorrow. I can’t buy them until the 24th unless it was a deal I couldn’t pass up.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ordered a bunch of parts from Mac Motors and AM General. Mac will be here on Friday and I will be able to put new drain plug in tank and get 10 gallons of new fuel. I will get it up to the filter canister and then I will change filters and re install. I hate that generator so much and I can’t wait to replace it with a 200amp. I will disconnect batteries and give them a trickle charge. I will start taking pump out. I have put it off because I just don’t want to do it. I want to drive my truck so bad that it has overcome my fear. Lol I have a plan to drive it to my sisters and brother in law’s house for Christmas and take my Mastiff, Son and Nephew to the snow… I have around 2,000 in my non runner so far. If that’s all it takes I will be very happy!

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone dealt with Feltz or CSM tire? I’m leaning towards the Baja T/A’s but I can only find them reasonably priced for just tire without wheel. I can get the MTR’s mounted on 24 bolt wheels. I want 24 bolt wheels but I’m not crazy about the MTR’s

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone dealt with Feltz or CSM tire? I’m leaning towards the Baja T/A’s but I can only find them reasonably priced for just tire without wheel. I can get the MTR’s mounted on 24 bolt wheels. I want 24 bolt wheels but I’m not crazy about the MTR’s
I know Hammer has bought several sets of tires along with rims and other tire stuff from Feltz and had a good experience.

Coonass77

Dustin at Feltz is top notch. I've bought a few sets of tires from him. Highly recommended.

sp00n

Backed out of the driveway in my m1123 and I heard a hiss every time the wheel rotated. I parked when I heard a constant hiss and went to take a look. I couldn’t believe how big of split I had in the sidewall. I will take the tires off my m1165 and get some 24 bolt wheels and Baja’s for it
We have some trucks with MTRs and some with Baja's at work, let me tell you right now the Baja's are worth every extra penny they might cost on the open market. It's not even comparable man.

I have MTRs on my personal HMMWV and I'm just waiting for one to fail to swap to Bajas, definitely won't take long..

Autonomy_Lost

We have some trucks with MTRs and some with Baja's at work, let me tell you right now the Baja's are worth every extra penny they might cost on the open market. It's not even comparable man.

I have MTRs on my personal HMMWV and I'm just waiting for one to fail to swap to Bajas, definitely won't take long..
What about the bajas is so much better? Handling, braking, rain/snow, noise, etc?

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was that only certain years of manufacture, or all of them? I have a lead on 2021 MTR's, never installed
They probably fixed whatever problems they had if they are true 2021 mfg, but I was told they no longer make them, they are now the “Enforcer” which is ugly as sin, I only run BFG, zero issues

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took my new tire off of my M1165 and replaced with the bad tire from my M1123. I didn’t like changing them. I don’t like working on anything with a Jack under it. I had a Jack stand up by the frame where the a-arm attached but it wasn’t high enough for me to get the tire off. I didn’t see a good spot to put it on with the Jack in the way. I used floor Jack to raise the a-arm up enough to get the tire off. Good thing I had 2 floor jack’s. I was thinking about getting a spare but after changing them I think I would just call for help. Hahaha heavy azz tires! I got my drain plug installed in the fuel tank and I had plans to go get diesel and do more stuff. I was soaked from head to toe by the time I got done. I have Dustin from Feltz tire looking for me a set of tires and hopefully I will hear from him Monday.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks