• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 Camper

I also got a set of 2 24 volt LED taillights to work with the original lights. I got a set of brackets that are just bolted up under the rear lip of the trailer so they can be taken off at anytime and placed back to normal. I also got the tag finally and got it mounted with a tag light. That whole set up was like 10 bucks. The 24v bulb for the light was just about as much as the housing was. After a little sanding and a quick shot of flat black paint we were good to go. I was hoping to have it done by aberdeen but the long nasty winter prevented that from happenin.

Attachments

Got it more or less finished just in time for Aberdeen. Put in carpet in the front half and a linoleum (fake tile) in the back half for the 4 wheeler. I got the new queen sized bed this morning and threw it in there this afternoon too. Before I know it I will be camping with the family. What do you guys think?

Attachments

davidkroberts

i really like this thread.... by the way hows the wife you a father yet? Good Luck

The trailer looks great i have something very similar planned i just cant find enough time off for it.

i really like this thread.... by the way hows the wife you a father yet? Good Luck

The trailer looks great i have something very similar planned i just cant find enough time off for it.

Thanks. I liked doin this project and keeping the thread updated. And yes I am a father now. My daughter was born on may 6 at 5:34 pm. She was 7 lbs, 1 oz. Her name is Elliot Madision. When she was about 10 sec old I asked her if she wanted to go for a deuce ride and she smiled. YEAH!!!!:jumpin:

Attachments

Green_gator

Congrats on the baby girl. Time to get her some camo blankets! The trailer is looking good, it makes me wish I could put a bed that size in the 109 and still have some room.

jesusgatos

Trailer looks like it's coming along really well. Congratulations on the baby!

Congrats on the baby girl. Time to get her some camo blankets! The trailer is looking good, it makes me wish I could put a bed that size in the 109 and still have some room.
I've got a queen-sized Tempurpedic mattress in Mah Deuce (M109). Cut it into two pieces, sewed it into fitted covers (made from Sunbrella fabric with ballistic nylon on the bottom), and made it into something like a futon. Folds up into a couch, and then out into a bed. Most of the time, I just sleep on the one half (same size as an XL twin) and flop the small half down on the floor (upside down) so the dogs are comfy too. There's more space in those M109 boxes than yah would think...

Finally got to use the camper ffor the first time this weekend. I was a little nervous about takin it to a camp ground sense it isn't white and doesn't have an the "curb appeal" that most people look for. They are not like us just remember that. hahaha. I got nothing but compliments from "thats different" to "I give you an "A" for originality" to "that thing is f%$#ing bad-a$$!!!" One of the seasonal guys actually took some pictures of it and was goin to get them posted on the lodge wall. Our "neighbors" were friends of ours and she said that just about every car or person that went by either stopped to take pics or drove past then backed up so just stared and almost drove off the road. There was a 4x4 meet somewhere in the area and a few of the guys stopped over to look at the setup and were just about drooling over the whole thing and they really liked the 5 ton rockwells. They were so cute in their litttle lifted wrangles and xterras. Oh well all in all a great trip and I hope to get the brakes fixed so I can go again in the near future. How you guys think it turned out??

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks