• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 Camper

RAYZER

Your m146 looks sweet, I just bought one myself out of warner robins that's in pretty good shape aside from missing part of the landing gear,spare tire and ladders. My ceiling needs to be torn out and replaced also. My plans for my m146 is a full bath and all the rest of the creature comforts I can think of. I am going to pull it with a deuce tractor which I start converting next week.

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, me too, got a line on the conversion parts 109--->tractor. That military 5th wheel is cool cuz it articulates in two dimensions. Sooooo....anyone have a 146 trailer to sell, somewhere in the southwest?

To all those asking about being looked inside. Not that it would be impossible to lock us in but it would be more work than it was worth. I lock the locks on the trailer side of the latches. The only way some one can lock us in is to put another lock on the latch side of the latch and then hook it thru the padlock that I have on the door. If that makes sense to anyone. Maybe the pictures will describe it better. I also added a few pics of the last camping trip we took it on. We used it in november for punkin chunkin. We placed third in our class and broke our machine so it was a good time. Got lots off compliments on the rig but never really got any great pics of it. What you guys think so far??

Attachments

jesusgatos

That's a good call. Hadn't actually thought about locking the doors open, but seems sort of obvious now that you mention it. Not too worried about getting locked inside my M109 shelter, as there are so many windows to climb out through if I ever needed to.

oldMan99

I wasn't too worried about it either but I was doin it for more piece of mind for the wife. It is a simple step for a little peace in a marriage.
And as a bonus:

You have to store the locks someplace... Might as well be where you can easily find them and they will be right where you need to use then!

Very nice job on the build. You have me rethinking the decision to build a 1 piece very long "Straight camper". The ability to haul various trailers, to leave the camper and take the truck for a drive... lots of good points. Of course the straight camper has several good points I like as well.

I'm not sold on the trailer idea yet, but now, thanks to you I can't sleep...lol...

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been contemplating an escape hatch in my m146,it seems to me that in case of an emergency I would need a way out.
:ditto:

RV's nowadays are built with one or more escape paths due to "experience" and, sadly, the loss of some lives.

I favor a DROP-HATCH in the floor concept for the M146 style trailers that have the ground clearance to allow it. That way, you don't have to break any bones to save your Bugly-Utt:!::shock:

2cents

I have been contemplating an escape hatch in my m146,it seems to me that in case of an emergency I would need a way out.

the fact that these trailers have a curb door is the reason I chose the M146 for a camper.

its like having a door at both ends and these trailers are what---- 22 feet long?

I do the same thing with the padlocks. and to get locked in is just about impossible with the latch mech all exposed on the inside of the doors.

in an emergency grab both rods-- pull hard and kick the door at the same time!

they are cool little trailers. be sure to tie everything down as they bounce just a little bit.

jasonjc

I whatch the "punkin chunkin" I seen a few MV's. I like your trailer. Now I just need the time and $$ to redo my M129:D. Right after the other 20 or 30 projects:-(.

RAYZER

On the m146 there's a wire spool box underneath on L side mid way, its framed in by steel and the under floor is exposed, this would make a great escape hatch if your bellys not too big!:grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks