• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A2 injection pump install

GrizzlyEater

When I first fire mine up I pull the throttle out and keep it between 800-900 (seems to stop most excessive rattles lol) after running and driving it seems to idle there on it's own.

Caseymikl

Yeah being at 500 the thing wants to shake itself into pieces!! I held it around 900-1000 for a minute and it idled fine after: I'm sure once it runs and gets driven it will smooth out

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Set it at about 800 rpm. It will rattle your headlights out believe it or not. Most IPs that haven't been run in a while do that "hunting". I'd make sure you have fresh fuel and dump some "sea foam" cleaner in it, then run her around town for a few hours. Its easy to do and you'll come home with perma-grin.

;)

Caseymikl

It's got 10 gallons of fresh diesel in the tank will probably dump some seafoam in the tank and run her around. She doesn't have plates yet and I want to redo the gauges and such before I drive her on the Main Streets will probably drive it around the neighborhood a little bit. When it first started and idle rises I got scared I thought it was gonna take off and luckily it didn't. Not to bad. Runs good turbo sounds good, moves pretty good and easy. Brakes nice and solid.

Caseymikl

Now the rebuild will begin. I need windshield frame, 2 windshields, driver and passenger windows with passenger window regulator, driver window crank, driver and passenger mirrors and complete assemblies, radiator cap, soft top conversion, oil pressure gauge, temp gauge, fuel filters, oil filters, air filter as well as all new fluids in motor, gear box, transfer case, and all 3 axles.

Caseymikl

Gotta replace one of the tubes. Will probably take it to a local place and have them do it. Also see what new tires will cost or probably going to wait out on 46s down the road

Caseymikl

Took her for a cruise before the sun came down. Just around the neighborhood a couple blocks. People stared and we're taking pictures. Had one guy stop and asked me if I would sell it. Injection pump cleared up and found idle right around 800rpm. Idles smooth. I was in 4th gear at 25mph. Didn't want to keep the rpm up. Lights all work, brakes are well drum brakes lol take a little to stop but that's expected. Steering super easy. Need to figure out the 4wd or in this case 6wd lol. There's another small lever through the floor. What does that control? I would assume the transfer case for the front axle and the other lever controls low and high range. All gears go in nice and smooth only gear I didn't hit was 5th. Primary fuel filter was leaking a little. The drain on the bottom was slightly loose. Tightened it up and it doesn't leak

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
SOunds like you may have a pto installed!

The transfer case lever only shifts high to low range

Front axle is either automatic or a switch on the bottom of the dash.

Caseymikl

Guess it's auto cause there's no switch on the dash. There's a lever for throttle on the dash by the engine shut down arm. I'll have to take a pic. It's on the driver side of the middle hump and it goes straight up and down