• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35A2 super single 395 install

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
10 on the ground, one in the rack and a spare 6 in the bed is the way to go.
That is about a 1300 pound footprint on most of them, about 300 pounds more than the Caprice.
Anyhow, mine was built to be that way and it has worked for the last 46 years.
It'll be that way for the rest of my time here, and I am not fixing what ain't broke.

rustystud

How old are the tires you are running?
Everyone who runs ex-military tires are running at least 5 year old tires. The age of these tires are not really an issue anymore. There was a batch of BAD tires from Michelin I believe but those are all gone now. Any tire that becomes flat will be ruined if driven on it for any extended length of time. Meaning the time it takes to find an exit and get off the highway. Even with 'run flats' the tire will be destroyed. The run flats give you the ability to "get out of Dodge" when the bullets are flying. The tires will still be destroyed. Of course the military doesn't care about that, just get the vehicle out of there.

zigman006

I am wondering about the stock tubes also. You used stock 9.00X20 tubes?

When I mount my 395s I was going to use the commercial tubes they use on
cement mixers, as I have noticed the ones in these parts are running the same
tires we are talking about(my son and I just noticed this recently).

I automatically thought the stock 9.00x20 tubes would be way to small to handle
the much larger volume of tire that the 396 presents....:?:
Did you ever decide on a tube size? I’m getting ready to get rid of my NDT’s and put the Michelins on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks