• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M747 destroyed by crooks

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is only one way out of there and the convenience store at the main road has video that will show what vehicles came out of there that day. :cry:
Get that video QUICKLY.

Those video recorders only hold a few days video, at most 10 days or so. Then the old video gets overwritten.

If you don't get it copied ASAP, it will be gone.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i too am very sorry for your loss. i hope they are caught and dealt with hard. it will cost you mucho to fix that:evil:

harleyhouse

Scrap thieves are usually junkies and want a quick fix.
real thieves would have stolen the whole trailer and reworked it in another state.

If you have a public stoning let me know, I would like to come!

If criminals had a consequence, they would only be caught once!

O.D. Fever

Sorry to hear the Crackheads got you too. I will have my trucks back together in a few weeks after I get the Batteries and boxes and hardware. Good luck cathing them.:evil:

F18hornetM

Thats stinks, I know it can be repaired. But the nuts it takes to do something like amazes me.
Good luck finding the crooks, and getting it repaired. Is a great looking trailer

zout

When I first saw the pic without reading it - I thought YUP - some nutcase cut er off for the steel - pic was self evident. Backed up to it to drop it onto something to hurry and get in and out.

If you have a great fabricator up there and can get the orginal piece back unscatheed - you should be able to inner liner the tubes and re-fit the pieces for use once again. I know I would sure give it a hardy try.

Good luck on your mission.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So sorry about what they did to your very nice trailer. I hope they get caught. We have had lots of trouble around lately, not at my current location, but around it. I showed the wife what they did, and now she's freaking out they might just drive up into the yard and start stealing radiators and such. She put the shotgun close to the back door and another near the side window closest the driveway. She is also demanding I replace the 1970's sears chainlink fence that has a hard time keeping our dogs in, as soon as money allows.

It is going to get worse. Think the economy is getting better? go count freight cars in a train. They aren't getting longer...

hemichallenger

I would disagree with most and say that the trailer can be at least as good as it was with the right welder. Now it can be the way you need it. But that sucks and I would get even.

captain-crank

Sad. Musta sucked to see that.

Post up a Pay-pal link or send me your address.

I got 20 bux to help towards getting this fixed or at least buy likker to ease the pain.:beer:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It seems that INSURANCE has not yet been addressed in this thread.

Was it insured?
Was it on property that might have appropriate insurance protection?

On the lighter side....
Maybe the perp wasn't after the STEEL at all. He could have been desperate for a pair of GLAD HANDS and a Mil-Connector, but all he brought was a cuttin' torch.

mdcarriers

I didn't have insurance that would cover this loss. It would have been very hard for someone to steal the trailer because it would not hook up to a regular truck and would be hard to hide because it is so unique. I never thought in my wildest dreams that someone would be so bold to do something this crazy. No need to send any money, thought is appreciated Captain-crank. It was on state owned property that I have used for years with minimal problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks