• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 13 Speed Swap

Crf450x

I never addressed my jack shaft issue on here. I decided to look into a u joint spacer as I’m trying to do this on a budget. Goal is $2500 total. Right now I’m at about $2100.

Wasn’t sure if it would work due to the length and possibly putting stress on the bolts. Spoke to a couple engineers and they said as long as the bolts are tight it will be no problem. My brother works in a bearing manufacturing plant with access to machining equipment. So he is working on the spacer. This is the current progress. It will either work or it won’t, but I feel pretty confident about it.
F076D645-2BEB-4105-B6B7-740FBEAB8907.jpeg
9F3A15AE-D5A5-4FF9-816C-C356E823CB75.jpeg

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Would have been easier to deslot the transfer case mount brackets It will slide back about 3 inches if you slot the mount. The rear and front drive shafts have enough travel that it won't hurt em to move in or out that far

Crf450x

Pulled the hood off today to make a spacer for it. Got the shifter finished up and painted. Had to bend the throttle linkage to get it hooked up with the cab raised, got all that business adjusted properly. Only hard part left is the clutch pedal.
9D905B34-6439-4449-B460-E2943CBD22C7.jpeg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Shifter is done and 3” cab lift is done. Basically just down to the clutch pedal. And currently thinking the hydraulic setup would have been worth the money.View attachment 807043
View attachment 807044
Yeah, the hydraulic clutch might be neat - and a little less work - but there is nothing quite like a mechanical linkage. You have more "feel" for what is going on between you and the rest of the driveline that way IMO.

Truck is definitely looking good!

Crf450x

Yeah, the hydraulic clutch might be neat - and a little less work - but there is nothing quite like a mechanical linkage. You have more "feel" for what is going on between you and the rest of the driveline that way IMO.

Truck is definitely looking good!
Thank you!

I need to get it done...getting burned out on working on it. I didn’t realize how tiny the cab is until I started trying to get a clutch pedal crammed in there. Not much knee room.

Crf450x

Air operated clutch assist like on a mack would be nice.

Or even an 809 series truck as a donor for its linkages and parts
It honestly blew my mind how easy it is to operate with the setup I’ve made so far.

I actually talked to another guy that used the setup from an 809 but I’ve never even seen one in person.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks