• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 13 Speed Swap

74M35A2

They sell longer spline yokes.

Here are pics of the air lines I did on mine, sorry they are late. Let me know if you need more info on which goes where. Air fitting at the rear is truck air in. Goes directly to filter/regulator, then the push-to-connect fittings are for the shifter lines (range and splitter).

Crf450x

You need meritor A-3280-U-7535 companion yoke for the input shaft on the transfer case.

You need companion flange for the driveshaft part #7348215. Its the same flange as the transfer to front tandem uses. 1710. Every other flange on the truck shafts are 1610. I probably have one laying around.

You would be better to ditch that morph joint and make it a full 1710 joint and shaft
Awesome thanks. I will keep that as a back up plan. I’m trying to do this on a budget and that’s getting harder every day.

Crf450x

They sell longer spline yokes.

Here are pics of the air lines I did on mine, sorry they are late. Let me know if you need more info on which goes where. Air fitting at the rear is truck air in. Goes directly to filter/regulator, then the push-to-connect fittings are for the shifter lines (range and splitter).
Any idea where to find a longer yoke?

Thank you! So is there only 3 lines going to the shifter?

My fly housing is driver side starter. May be OK.
Sweet. I bet you’ll have plenty room then.

Crf450x

I went against advice and modified the factory trans mount. I did get a new rubber mount to hopefully avoid any issues for a while. I won’t be driving the truck much and to be honest I’ll probably be tired of it after a year or two anyway.
49CBBF7E-3782-4AB1-88AB-69FD4A1FCED7.jpeg

Also pulled the shaft (more like 2 yokes) apart and cleaned it. It was very close to being seized, hasn’t seen grease in a long time. Just throwing it in for the pictures. Splines are 3”-16.
21533727-62A5-4675-88AD-07DAA6E2E9FC.jpegA3B12FFB-4D07-4C7E-9166-26C1CEE95C14.jpeg

74M35A2

Good progress, thanks for the pics. Wow, that jack shaft is way shorter on a 250 setup vs the 8.3. Mine is way longer and an actual shaft with yoke end, will post a pic later.

On your morph-joint, I wonder if that could simply be made by buying a joint of each type and then just swapping out 2 of the wing ends. Should work if the journal shaft pieces are the same diameter and length.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
There is a 1710 joint yoke for the input transmission shaft. I would have to dig thru old threads for number

Crf450x

Awesome. I have the old style knob right now but I think I want one like that.

I decided to use all new air lines. Found that new transmissions come with normal dot tubing so that’s what I’m going to use. Just waiting on all that to come in.

Crf450x

A little off topic but I mounted my coolant filter today. The bracket that came with it fit perfectly on the side of the block. Going to bypass the heater core for a while until I get some of this rust cleaned out.

Anybody know which heater core line is in and which is out?

27E305DF-429D-47D0-8DE1-956811F02164.jpeg
This is the filter base I bought if anyone is interested. Made in the USA. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0049LRCHK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_SO8.EbEEDMM6R

Crf450x

I have the cab sitting on 4x4s right now and so far everything is hooking up just fine. I’m most likely going to make spacers (hood also) and leave it lifted up permanently. That will allow me to bend the shifter under the cab and come through the floor wherever I want. Also will help with jakes if I pursue that.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks