• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923 with roll cage and tall hardtop

BrushMaster Builder

Guys,

The touch pad Allison Transmissions you are seeing was a result of a long range planned MWO (Modification Work Order) planned by TARDEC and TACOM PM-Medium group to replace the MT654 with the 3500 SP (or RDS) Allison you are seeing. There were, if I remember correctly, about 100 of the transmission modifications done as part of a field test. There is even a stock number and a TACOM drawing for the 3500 transmission to be put into the M939 Series vehicles. If anyone wants it I can provide a copy. NSN is 2520-01-521-1819 and the TACOm part number and drawing number is 57K4592.

ZZ4x4

When I got the data plate off the transmission I saw an open hole on the bell housing. Anyone know what it is for? Is it missing a bolt?

(For the humor impaired.)
If it's like the MT654 the hole in the bellhousing is for water drainage. You are supposed to take the plug from the storage hole next to the open hole and fill the open hole prior to deep fording. Remove it an place it back in the holding position afterwards...

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sarcasm is "a sharp, bitter, or cutting expression or remark; a bitter gibe or taunt."[1][2] In modern usage, the word "sarcasm" is commonly interpreted as involving irony,[3] or employs ambivalence,[4] but traditionally sarcasm was not necessarily irony.[5]

Understanding the subtlety of this usage requires second-order interpretation of the speaker's or writer's intentions; different parts of the brain must work together to understand sarcasm. This sophisticated understanding can be lacking in some people with certain forms of brain damage, dementia and autism (although not always),[8] and this perception has been located by MRI in the right parahippocampal gyrus.[9][10] Research has shown that people with damage in the prefrontal cortex have difficulty understanding non-verbal aspects of language like tone, Richard Delmonico, a neuropsychologist at the University of California, Davis, told an interviewer.[11] Such research could help doctors distinguish between different types of neurodegenerative diseases, such as frontotemporal dementia and Alzheimer's disease, according to David Salmon, a neuroscientist at the University of California, San Diego.[11]

SW (Mr Sarcasm) Bradley

(Not laughing at you but I got a chuckle. I knew what the hole was.)

:)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally figured out why the air ride seats were not working in the truck. (No, I don't work on or look at every day.)

There is a yellow plastic handled valve on the air systems down by the transfer case that was shutoff. Maybe there was a leak and they just turned it off. Now the seats adjust like they are supposed to. :)

Yes, the seats look like the ones from Global.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Here is a picture of 150 of these cabs that were for the rebuild program that is canceled. They have been moved from lot to lot over the last few years, and even have the box and hardware to mount an outside battery box.007.jpg012.jpg010.jpg

Tornadogt

Here is a picture of 150 of these cabs that were for the rebuild program that is canceled. They have been moved from lot to lot over the last few years, and even have the box and hardware to mount an outside battery box.View attachment 451759View attachment 451758View attachment 451760

Put a few of those up on 10 ft stands would be darn nice deer blinds ... already camo and comfy seats... I hope coming to a GL listing soon... or at least a some point it would be a terrific waste to go for scrap...

Gunzy

I'd buy one just for the seats. Let alone the other goodies in there. I'd bet they have all wiring, switches, lighting and instruments too. Those would be a great parts source. What base are they at?

Navy dude

M-923 with strange looking squared off cab

I am a newbie, so apologize if these questions are already answered elsewhere. I did a search, cant find any info. I would like to buy one of these franken trucks... I think they look awesome. They seem to go for about 4k more than standard m923's on GL. I would appreciate any comments on what the deal is on these things... any armor? Why are they built this way? Are they designed for a gunner on top, etc? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks