• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M923A2 came home with me today!

TheBuggyman

Chris,
I was told that there are three types of o-rings for the 20" wheel (s). Triangular, round (small), round (large). It is the small round one as you found out! I tried all three since my originals were mangled beyond recognition! If we were to get a group together to have some of these made for spares count me in! I would like to have about 10 extra for that future tire change and some spares. 8)

I've never been to Winslow's but I'm going on the first to pick up a dump bed That I bought from Bruce, should I leave the checkbook at home?!?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
TheBuggyman said:
Chris,
I was told that there are three types of o-rings for the 20" wheel (s). Triangular, round (small), round (large). It is the small round one as you found out! I tried all three since my originals were mangled beyond recognition! If we were to get a group together to have some of these made for spares count me in! I would like to have about 10 extra for that future tire change and some spares. 8)

I've never been to Winslow's but I'm going on the first to pick up a dump bed That I bought from Bruce, should I leave the checkbook at home?!?
Ha, thanks. I'm glad the small round one worked since I would go nuts if I had to take that sucker apart again ;) I think it's a good idea to get a bunch made. We could all get some for our projects and then put the rest in the SS store for later.

Are you going to go straight down I-95 to Winslow's? You might have to take a detour through Franklin on the way home so we can grab a brew or something. You'll love that bed. It's beautiful. Definitely take a little extra coin with you since John always has some good deals around!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The Parts and Tools manual is what I went off of. The NSN I listed above is the only one listed for the 939 trucks. 5331-01-314-7598 is the only one in my book. My 809 series 24-P only shows the split ring rims, not the super single rims so I can't help there.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Woo-hoo. FedEx man just dropped off my SF-97 and letter of re-assignment. Thanks to Adam and Joe McDowell (ferroequinologist and herc69) for helping me with the verification of VIN. Time to get a title and plates ;)

TheBuggyman

I don't know about the 24P, but I do know how many times I've had that wheel apart and the small, round o-ring works. Period. I've done several since then and it has worked every time without any leakage issues whatsoever.

I would be curious as to what it recommends for a M813-A1 Marine Corps truck with the super singles. Anyone?

TheBuggyman

steelsoldiers said:
TheBuggyman said:
Chris,

Ha, thanks. I'm glad the small round one worked since I would go nuts if I had to take that sucker apart again ;) I think it's a good idea to get a bunch made. We could all get some for our projects and then put the rest in the SS store for later.

Are you going to go straight down I-95 to Winslow's? You might have to take a detour through Franklin on the way home so we can grab a brew or something. You'll love that bed. It's beautiful. Definitely take a little extra coin with you since John always has some good deals around!

Yep, I'll be hoofin' it right down/up I-95. How far are you off of 95? I'd like to scope out your new truck if you have the time.
When you said that the bed is beautiful are you talking about the new one or the one on the truck? I bought the old one on the truck. (Bruce wouldn't let me have the new one)
I figured that this is best though as I will be cutting it up, modifying it and dropping stumps on it! :shock:

TheBuggyman

emmado22 said:
The 800 series never had super singles from the factory, so that info will NOT be in the -20P.....

No wonder I had such a time getting wheel nuts for my trucks!
So, did the Corps do this modification after the fact? I am under the impression that this a hallmark of a 800 series truck with singles. Thanks!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
More progress last night. I worked until dark after mowing the lawn. I put the somewhat crusty, but straight tailgate on there. I don't know if anyone else has put a tailgate on by themselves before, but I wouldn't recommend it. That is one heavy SOB!! I finally managed to muscle it into position and get some pins started before dropping it on my foot. Yikes :shock: The DRMO lettering is going to stay for now. The new bumper will go on this weekend and I'll get the broken window glass swapped out of the driver's door. Hoepfully I'll have the plates by the weekend too. That's a story for a different post. :roll:

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I mowed grass 2 weeks ago

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
All right, back to the post about the 5-ton please ;) I did have a real fun time at the DMV yesterday. Turns out BMY Division of Harsco isn't in their computer system, big surprise! The poor lady had to call Richmond to get the IT guy to add it to the menu, sheesh! I have to go back tomorrow to get finished up. Nice :)