• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Member Broke Down, SC

bkwudzhom

First of all--OUTSTANDING effort there Ferro!!!:beer: SECOND--For am emergency shelter/dry work area. Acquire a few pieces of small pcv pipes to make bows with and some containers (trash cans-cig butt cans- 5 gallon buckets filled with dirt-whatever) and a cheap sheet of painters drop cloth may be able to give ya some dry space!!

Wish I could do better for ya.
BK

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Threads on the injectors will be the same, only the 82s had coarse threads. Some 6.5s have short injectors which will fit but you may need to massage a steel line. I have an extra set of steel lines should you need them after you get back. Call me on the phone if you have any urgent issues as I'll be away from this machine for a spell.

MitchG

Ok Broad River Road. I know where you are now. I live between Swansea and Gaston, about 20-25 miles from where you are now. If I can help in any way let me know. I have a shop building and lots of tools, engine hoist etc. I can clear out a spot for you if you can get it out that way. I don't have a tow bar to be able to pull the truck out that way but if you can get it here you are more than welcome to use whatever I have. If you have to work on it on site let me know if I can get you some tools or something. I'll PM you my cell number.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I pulled an injector off of the hummer engine, and headed to Phil's current AO. After replacing it, the engine would run- BUT- tons of unburnt fuel spewing out the pipe. Pulled the injector line off, and that went away.

Now for the bad- we checked compression, and there was none. Pulled the injector back out and cranked it- piston, no longer moves. :evil:

My theory- injector went bad, filled cylinder with more and more fuel, then the con rod went crap. It must have spun off the crank shaft completely, because it doesn't run all that bad, just like one cylinder isn't firing, not like there is a huge weight imbalance on the crank.

SO----

Tomorrow, I will tow it to MitchG's LZ. I have the engine in a can on the back of the 818, so it's a win win, as long as we can find a way to get it DOWN from there in one piece.

So, calling all SC members, if you have or want to or need to learn how to do an engine swap, we will be asking for assistance tomorrow evening. If we get enough guys on this, we can pull it and put the other engine together at the same time, and drop the new one in. I've been up late all week trying my best to get Phil and his boy back on the road, but I'm still going to pull an all nighter tomorrow if I have to, whatever it takes.

SO, open call to anyone who wants to lend a hand, work on it, or just pass wrenches or liquids.

Let's :grd:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Outstanding troop

Tomorrow, I will tow it to MitchG's LZ. I have the engine in a can on the back of the 818, so it's a win win, as long as we can find a way to get it DOWN from there in one piece.
So, calling all SC members, if you have or want to or need to learn how to do an engine swap, we will be asking for assistance tomorrow evening. If we get enough guys on this, we can pull it and put the other engine together at the same time, and drop the new one in. I've been up late all week trying my best to get Phil and his boy back on the road, but I'm still going to pull an all nighter tomorrow if I have to, whatever it takes.
SO, open call to anyone who wants to lend a hand, work on it, or just pass wrenches or liquids.

Let's :grd:

Ferro...when I finally got to meet you at the GA Rally, I decided you were a good troop as you had already helped another SS member getting there.

Now all I can say is that you have proved to be an OUTSTANDING troop.

If SS had an "Outstanding Troop of the Year Award", I would nominate you in a New York Minute...(That's really fast according to MB).

This one's for you Ferro:

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ferro...when I finally got to meet you at the GA Rally, I decided you were a good troop as you had already helped another SS member getting there.

Now all I can say is that you have proved to be an OUTSTANDING troop.

If SS had an "Outstanding Troop of the Year Award", I would nominate you in a New York Minute...(That's really fast according to MB).

This one's for you Ferro:
:oops::oops::oops::oops: I'm quite humbled PB, I'm just doing what I would want anyone to do for me.

Mitch, I can't think of anything. The hardest part of all this is going to be getting the new engine 3 ft to the ground. PM me your addy again so I can put it in the magic locator box. I'm going to try to sneak out of work early so we can have more daylight.