• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 006a

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I got it here it is running with out battle short on.
So, the fault indicator tripped with no fault and locked out the Genset from running.
Testing and resetting cleared the fault indicator lockout.
Please correct me if I am wrong

btw. have you found out yet if you have a utility or tactical precise unit?

Scoobyshep

It has a throttle knob looking at the panel it will be low right.
That makes it a utility set push the button in the side of the knob and push it into make gross adjustments down or push the button and pull to make gross adjustments up turning the knob counter clockwise and clockwise make fine adjustments with no load set it to about 61-62 Hertz using a digital multimeter on the output don't rely on the set gauge they're not exactly the most precise things and let it be as the load increases the motor will droop so keep an eye on it you may have to play with it a little bit anywhere between 58 to 62 is a safe range to run 60 being ideal

mwhiddon

That makes it a utility set push the button in the side of the knob and push it into make gross adjustments down or push the button and pull to make gross adjustments up turning the knob counter clockwise and clockwise make fine adjustments with no load set it to about 61-62 Hertz using a digital multimeter on the output don't rely on the set gauge they're not exactly the most precise things and let it be as the load increases the motor will droop so keep an eye on it you may have to play with it a little bit anywhere between 58 to 62 is a safe range to run 60 being ideal
What does the voltage sensing switch do? And if I’m going to run L1-L3 to my house for 120/240v should I have that selector switch set to L1-L3?

mwhiddon

What does the voltage sensing switch do? And if I’m going to run L1-L3 to my house for 120/240v should I have that selector switch set to L1-L3?
Also glad you told me to not trust the gauge I have it set to 60hz but it sounds like it’s running over 1800 rpms may be just the fan on this thing I know it’s not running wide open it has plenty throttle left.

Scoobyshep

That knob just selects which voltage source the set meter is looking at all you really need to care about is l1-l0 l3-l0 and l1l3 for voltage notice the inner ring there is an l1 l2 l3 please direct the current meter so you should only really care about the l1 and l3 positions

Guyfang

Staff member
So, the fault indicator tripped with no fault and locked out the Genset from running.

I am going to start here. One question at a time.

The fault indicator has no function other that to tell you there is a fault. It can not lock anything out.

If you want to know what type of set you have, look at the data plate.
MEP-006A is a NON PRECISE Power gen set. Meaning no governor.
MEP-115A is a PRECISE POWER gen set. Has a governor and makes 60 hertz
MEP-115A is a PRECISE POWER gen set. Has a governor and makes 400 hertz

There is some reading of the -12 TM needed here.

mwhiddon

So tell us what you did to get it running correctly.
[/QUOTE I really don’t know I was tracing the wires down tugging on it a little as I went couldn’t find anything and I went back around to start it up and ran like it was supposed to so I figured it was a loose wire and sure enough 3 wires were loose. Can’t remember off top which ones it was.

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I am going to start here. One question at a time.

The fault indicator has no function other that to tell you there is a fault. It can not lock anything out.

If you want to know what type of set you have, look at the data plate.
MEP-006A is a NON PRECISE Power gen set. Meaning no governor.
MEP-115A is a PRECISE POWER gen set. Has a governor and makes 60 hertz
MEP-115A is a PRECISE POWER gen set. Has a governor and makes 400 hertz

There is some reading of the -12 TM needed here.
@Guyfang

Brainfart, I got the fault indicators mixed up. The 8xx Series Fault Indicator controls the K12 Engine Fault Relay.
Old age sucks