• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV show at the XXX Burger Drive-in, Issaquah, WA April 12 SUNDAY

elkhtr

Its a sunday I should be there again. Was there about 2 or 3 years ago. Then went out to Oso and convinced a friend to buy a bridge truck which he did and didnt get back to XXX till super late lol.
Does your friend with the bridge truck go by the handle Oso on SS. If so I met him briefly at the fire hall during the mud slide. Unfortunately we didn't have much time to talk.

JH1

Excellent! It's looking like a good turnout. There will be some awards, too. Nothing really fancy, but some recognition for all of the behind the scenes work that goes into showing these vehicles. Btw, the show goes on, rain or shine. The parking area surrounds the XXX restaurant, so it even works well if it rains some. We just duck in for more fries or a burger or something scrumptious (and no doubt, bad for us...).

Jim

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Pretty Prease

Excellent! It's looking like a good turnout. There will be some awards, too. Nothing really fancy, but some recognition for all of the behind the scenes work that goes into showing these vehicles. Btw, the show goes on, rain or shine.

take_a_picture_by_basistka-d3zv66t.jpg

JH1

Actually, you're in luck about that. There is a really good photographer by the name of Aaron that comes to local events and he has high $ cameras and loves to take photos of the vehicles. His work is awesome. Good idea. I'll make sure to post his work here and link to more. For you other collectors, this will be a great opportunity to get some high quality photos of your stuff.
Jim

Another Ahab

Actually, you're in luck about that. There is a really good photographer by the name of Aaron that comes to local events and he has high $ cameras and loves to take photos of the vehicles. His work is awesome. Good idea. I'll make sure to post his work here and link to more. For you other collectors, this will be a great opportunity to get some high quality photos of your stuff.
Jim

https://youtu.be/7tMPoaU2oL4

Amer-team

JH for vehicle accounting purposes, the 1st Sgt and I are planning on coming with 923's. We are meeting up at exit 109 on I-5 at 0600 for breakfast and will head that way when done. Anyone want to tag along, be there. P

manders

How strict is the "stay until 2pm" requirement? I have to be to work at 2pm, meaning I would need to leave around 1pm to get everything home and buttoned up in time ...

JH1

That's fine. Not to worry. Don't let that stop you from coming to the show. We just try to establish a time, so that people don't get disappointed that nobody is there during the posted times. We did have one father and son arrive near the end of the show one year and nobody was there. They complained to XXX. So long as we keep most of the vehicles there until 2, we're good.
JH1

JH1

Weather update: 3 days to go and current prediction is 30% chance of showers, and it's going down. It used to be predicting rain, but now down to just showers. See y'all there!
Jim

Another Ahab

Weather update: 3 days to go and current prediction is 30% chance of showers, and it's going down. It used to be predicting rain, but now down to just showers. See y'all there!
Jim
3 days out on any weather prediction is a crapshoot:

- Even 24-hour predictions can be kind of sketchy

Be funny if it turns out clear and sunny.

Amer-team

0600 Sunday morning at Shari's off exit 109 I-5 for breakfast and as soon as we are done we will roll north to Issaquah. Would be glad for any tag alongs or meet ups along the way if we can work it out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks