• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first Deuce

Amram

I just got home tonight with my first duece. She is a 1970 AMC m35a2. Drove it home 380 miles, which was a blast. Even though I could only go 55 mph most of the time it felt like I was doing 70 with the exception of everyone passing me. A bunch of people waved and honked their horns and a car full of college girls flashed their tatahs at me.:grin: Overall I would rate my time with the duece so far as extremely fun.:cool: Attached is the first pic of it sitting in my driveway.

Attachments

jtrojan715

55 wow you were flying!!!! hows the but feel after that trip. i know mine was dead and i only did a 4.5 hour recovery. truck looks good. down load the TM's use the search feacher on here and have fun. hay you nere fort lewis i have family up there. im a newer deuce owner too but have learned a lot on here PM me if you have any ?'s ill try to help :driver:

Amram

I am station up here at Subbase Bangor. Specifics about the truck..where to start.
The truck has the air lever under the dash to engage the front end, which actually works. The engine is a White multifuel with the whistler turbo, such a sexy sound:wink:. The previous owner bought all new canvas for it. So I have a new cover for the bed and the cab has the "arctic" insulated top. I wish the cab had heat though, that will be my next upgrade besides an air ride seat for the drivers side. My butt is pretty numb now.

Amram

Oh yeah the bed cover is the 3 piece type. and the bed itself still has troop seats in it that are in great condition. The truck itself recieve a brand new engine in 1989. And the transfer case was just recently replaced because it is all pretty with fresh paint and a tag on it. The truck was slated for foreign military sales but something fell through with the deal and the guy I bought it from got then it became mine. That's all I know about the truck so far.

srodocker

welcome aboard!! were having a get together down at the olympia museum on march 31st if you would like to go. or a get together in fife at a Harley dealership on april 21st. we have our main gathering/campout in july/aug. down in napavine. im just across the bridge from you in steilacoom.

emr

Congrats on the tatas :) Oh and the truck too :) Great post love how much u love her, Got alot of memorys of me and my sons first deuce ride home thanks to you ... , Thanks enjoy [thumbzup]

Amram

So I tried to get it registered today. First the woman at the counter tried to argue with me that the make is American and the model is AMC even though I told her 10 times the actual make and model. She then tells me that because it weighs so much it will require a comercial registration. Then it gets better, she says there is no record of sales tax paid on the initial purchase of the guy I bought it from. He is from Oregon...they don't pay sales tax. All in all they are trying to rangle $367 out of me to register my truck.

srodocker

go to a different place. also i paid around 280 when i registered mine. took awhile but i did it. also I did collector plates on mine maybe that made it easier for them

srodocker

I know there is a difference between collectors and historic. historic is only to and from shows. collectors not sure of the actual wording on the rules but I've never been stopped and i've commuted in mine and hauled stuff. so im not 100% sure on that one. I read over the rules awhile ago but I fail to remember much

http://www.dol.wa.gov/vehicleregistration/spcollector.html

so the rules are vague. says no commercial purposes and not to carry a load. hrm maybe i've been lucky? and also says
For the pleasure of others without compensation.

thats very open...

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks