• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first Deuce

Amram

So it has been a couple months since I posted in this thread. Since the last 2 flats I am going to list all the things that have happened and I have done to the truck. Starting with happened: Both headlights blow out, wiring harness blew out, 2 more flat tires, air compressor turned into an oil pump filling my air tanks with engine oil, alternator died taking the 2 existing batteries with it, intank pump burned out, air wiper motor died on driver side during heavy rainstorm, spring in passenger side front rear drum brake broke in half locking the brake up as I am trying to get home from my m105 recovery, dang horn is a constant issue. Phew now lets start listing what I have done to it: put 395 goodyear MVT's on it, replaced all the aformentioned broken parts, sanded him down (Oscar is the trucks name if you call him a she he gets made and breaks down on me), gave him a paint job, replaced all the coolant, greased all the wheel bearings, turned up the fuel, replaced the cancer riddled cargo bed with a better one, Installed toyota buckets seats from a 4runner on springer bases, and started replacing all the wood on my troop seats. I am taking a short break from the truck. Wore out a little. Just going to drive him now and then and use him for work.:grd:

Attachments

Amram

Oh I forgot to mention on my first attempt to filter used motor oil and burn it as fuel I inadvertantly filled my tank full of water because my water seperator failed to seperate the water. Needless to say Oscar munched on that stuff for about a minute and said no thank you then stalled out. I had to practically disassemble my entire fuel system drain all the water out. Blew the fuel lines out with 125 psi air and replaced all the fuel filters. He fired right up after I got fresh diesel in the tank. Took me 5 trips in my car to get the 25 gallons of diesel into the tank. I need to get more Jerry cans.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks