• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New 1028/1031

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haha, I'm involved in a 3 way love/hate relationship with my M1008. Everytime Devilam96 takes it, it breaks and he has to work on it. Hate! It never fails or falters for me. Love!

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't get this vibe, reading your last Pm about the turn signal lights...
AH, yes. But I spoke with "The Great One" last night and he gave me some places to look to solve the mystery. Thanks Warthog ;)

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, the turn signal mystery is finally solved, see this post for the full write-up...Turn Signal Issues, Post #13

I was doing some battery wiring for the welder generator in the back when I noticed that the drivers side rear hub was damp after my trip to Kips this week. A quick smell confirmed my suspicion...gear oil, a leaking wheel seal. Luckily I got the hub nut socket I ordered for the rear axle that day and pulled the offending hub and cleaned the bearings, hub and spindle and reassembled with a new seal on Thursday.

Today I finished up installing a battery cutoff switch and running new cables from the front battery of the truck to the welder/generator. I tried to get it going, but I can't get it to start. I know I probably need to bleed my fuel line that I just made to go from the jerry can to the engine, I hope that's all I have to do. I was able to get it to idle a bit with the choke on using starting fluid to get it going and keep it going for a minute.

Maybe at the rally some of you fine folks will help me get it going??????? I don't know anything really about those old Wisconsin engines.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wisconsin engines are really nothing more than a big briggs and stratton. Just add a coil and distributor. I've got one in the lift, would like to swap it out to diesel. Uses too much propane, and tends to not start when I'm 40 feet in the air. But it does run good.

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's not a bad idea Stretch. I was contemplating the idea of swapping it out down the road with a diesel, but a propane conversion might be a good idea too...if you get yours changed out, I might want the propane stuff from it. Talk to me before you get rid of it.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
will do. It when it wants to start, as in turns over, it starts easy on the propane.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think there is enough room in the torch box for a 100# propane tank. FWIW I use propane exclusively for cutting/ heating duties here at the AO

Speddmon

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I didn't have a very large matching set of Oxy and acetylene tanks, I probably would too. It's hard to part with the acetylene tank cause the big ones are hard to come by...as luck would have it, I wound up with 4 complete sets.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks