• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new hobby: Wood military vehicles

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Can someone make 2 miniature saddle bags for my Norton Motorcycle model? 1-1/4" Wide and 1-1/2" tall. Here is a sample picture:
I don't have the skills, but there is a guy I know that uses resin casting to create what you need. I guess the first question is model scale. His site is here and I saw several things that might work. http://valuegeardetails.com/AboutUs.html

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am sorry I missed this thread until now. All I can say is wow! You can tell you are passionate about your hobby as it shows in all your models.

And as most know I have a soft spot for Slidell since Katrina.

Ever try aircraft? You know, something simple like an F-14A? ;-)

goldneagle

Just finished clear coating the motorcycle. What do you think? Should I add the saddle bags and sleeping roll?

Attachments

goldneagle

Looking good, really good! They way I shake I could never do that. Kudos on your work!
I use to have involuntary muscle movement that effected my fine motor skills. Use to annoy the hell out of me. Putting a nut on a bolt behind an object was almost impossible because of the shaking. Since I started scroll sawing I got my fine motor skills back! It's like therapy for me.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is just a high level talent of wood mastery and I feel honoured to get a look at it. Thanks so much for sharing. You catch so much detail we're losing sleep staring at them.

One of the least modeled yet sassiest military vehicles created to date is the G749 series. It has compound curves and sexy lines that would be very difficult to re-create. It's one of the first large MV's designed around the nuclear age with documented Canadian production beginning in November 1951 to November 1956.

The variants leave little to the imagination and it's one reason it was one of the most widely used 'after-service' MV's even to this day. Saving the history of MV's with wood models is just cool. I sure hope you get a chance to carve up one of these. If I do it, they won't look anything like a truck.

Thanks again for the pictures.

Attachments

goldneagle

That is just a high level talent of wood mastery and I feel honoured to get a look at it. Thanks so much for sharing. You catch so much detail we're losing sleep staring at them.

One of the least modeled yet sassiest military vehicles created to date is the G749 series. It has compound curves and sexy lines that would be very difficult to re-create. It's one of the first large MV's designed around the nuclear age with documented Canadian production beginning in November 1951 to November 1956.

The variants leave little to the imagination and it's one reason it was one of the most widely used 'after-service' MV's even to this day. Saving the history of MV's with wood models is just cool. I sure hope you get a chance to carve up one of these. If I do it, they won't look anything like a truck.

Thanks again for the pictures.
I don't design my models. I purchase plans on-line and build mostly as designed. I do modify the plans to make the models more authentic. The designers take too much artistic license in their plans. I also add a lot more details to the models based on pictures I find on-line.

I have not seen any plans for your truck. Not even close. If I run into any I'll let you know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks