• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My newest turd: Jeepsinker's M49A2

Jeepsinker

Just brought this home from Lufkin TX. Got home at 1:40 AM. This is the roughest deuce I've ever brought home, but it is a rust free Arizona truck. It is a Marine Corps truck, has the fording kit and paperclip bumper, but for some reason it has an LD 465. Not sure how old it is exactly, but it has the recessed firewall, box seat, and whale tail brake handle. It does have A2 fenders though.
Pics!:

Attachments

Jeepsinker

Aussie, the inside of the tank is fairly clean, aside from some varnish. The tank is stainless. I'm probably going to use it for mobile fuel storage on my property.

On the last pic, that is the inside of the pump. I pulled the cover because I noticed the bolted were loose. Are there supposed to be vanes in those cavities?

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Like the Merdc 4 color Red desert. Somebody told me you were going to steam out the tank and fab it into a camper.
Yep should vanes in those cavities, (sliding vane pump).

Jeepsinker

:funny:
That is an interesting idea, but the wife has informed me that I sometimes fart in my sleep, so camper inside a tanker is a no- go.

I thought so. Why in the world someone would steal the vanes out of a newly rebuilt pump is beyond my comprehension.:shrugs:
So now I have to figure out where to get vanes for an antique fuel pump. Great.

Jeepsinker

It looks like they put the injection pump in the wrong place.
A shame what ignorance does really. I've seen this same thing many times over, all because most people that mess with these trucks don't know how to fix the HH button issue. So they leave the pump in the floor, or in the bed for ten years and it gets ruined.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me go through my scrap-pile tomorrow... If nada, I know where there are some abandoned M49's, not too far from my AO. One at least has to have those parts.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
The rat turds were in fact free. Would you like some? I can be generous. Only costs a stamp.
I just cleaned out the M275 today getting it prepped for movement to the big warehouse where my movie office is located.

I'm good for rat turds, abandoned wasp nest and dead flies.

But thanks for the offer.

I'm moving most of the MV's there in anticipation of shooting a movie there early next year. Low budget war movie in real time. There will be several 900 series trucks, some trailers, a HUMVEE or two and whatever else I can get cheap. We have to make the warehouse parking lot look like a Motor Pool.

I'll post more details and maybe a casting call for local folks in the "Wreckerman in the Movie Business" thread.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks