• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need new dashpad. Which brand has held up best?

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've read all the old threads about replacing Dashpads.
There are a lot.
I know OEM ones are no longer made.

My question is to everyone that has bought new aftermarket ones.

What brand has held up to the environment the best?

I don't care if it's $500, but I don't want to have it crack a year later.

It is driven almost daily as a ranch truck and sits outside 24/7.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

I bought the first one from Classic Industries. Its like 90% of them out there. Made of the same foam / plastic construction. I also bought one from LMC. I paid $230 for the first and the one from LMC $340 . Both were identical in manufacture. Both have been in used for a few years now and have no fading or other issues. But like any plastic product, the sun will eventually kill them. I do not believe there is much difference , except in how much you are willing to pay for peace of mind.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Still needing input from those that have bought new dashpads in the last two years or so.

Thanks

blueblaze

Ive never bought the repro vinyl foam ones, But I have bought the OER Urethane ones from summit. I've only bought brown ones thus far but the color match is spot on and it installed well. Didn't see a point in getting a dash that will just crack again and the urethane cleans easier. You wouldn't notice the difference unless you pushed on it with your hands. Did have to drill 3 holes in them. One for each top corner screw in the cluster bezel and the bigger end screw on the pass side. Other then that just swapped on the clips from the old dash and it all went good.
View attachment 619704290957_3477140690335_1534189341_o.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would like one as close to OEM as possible.

I remember a couple of old threads that mentioned such an animal and was about $400.
Threads said the fit was almost perfect and built like OEM
but.......I can't find it now and can't remember the website to order one.

I can find cheaper ones all day long but I want one that will last a few years at least and won't crack when I lay a
rifle on it.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tinstar, if you don't mind painting it, I have a NOS dash.
According to the dealer it was the last one out there, so I couldn't whine too much about it being blue.
Bought for a crew cab but ended up having the original rebuilt instead.

Come to think of it, I should probably make sure it'd fit an '86...it was bought for a '76 and I don't remember if they were the same.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless I find that website it looks like that's what I will have to do.
Don't really care anyway.

I think your oem one, if it fits, would be way more than $400.

Im not doing a restoration, just want a dash that's not cracked and will last.

I hate doing things twice for twice the price.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
never thought about what it'd be worth, but I wouldn't be greedy. I have so darn many parts and pieces and vehicles that I need to cleanse the garage at least to some extent.

Even sold my beloved M1009 a while back, with 3/4-ton axles, Banks turbo, TH700R4, Atlas 'case, and more. That one I miss, the dash I wouldn't.

deuceman51

I've bought them from LMC and had good luck. Spendy, but the fit seemed right. I also have a few brand new ABS dash caps that work really well for $75 if anyone is looking for some. When mine cracks again, I will just put a dash cap on it for way less.

combatmech

I had an ABS dash cover on mine, it ended up cracking within two years or so. If I had to to it over, i'd go with a whole new pad. About 80% of the stuff I bought when I had the Blazer was from LMC.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

reaper556

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks