• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce Win...

alphadeltaromeo

Ok, I very well may need a co-driver for the trip to recover. It's approximately 550 miles one direction. I pay for fuel, food and the hotel...lol so hollar if you're interested.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Andrew:
What days are you planning to do this? I might even take leave and fly down to do it with you if you cant find another to do it. Are all of your boys too young to drive?

CanonNinja

I'd probably be more than up for it, being a short distance away (relatively) from you in Houston, but I'm leaving 2 weeks from today to pick up my Deuce as well, with a 940 mile drive back home. I might not even want to look at my truck for a month after the drive, so we'll see 8)

FreightTrain

Banned
hee hee hee,If you can give me a week notice of when your going down there and an accurate day count I have my full quota of Vacation days I need to take at work.....

alphadeltaromeo

It's either going to be this week or next week for sure. It really depends on if I can get the vehicle to tow with this week. If so, I'll be doing my best to drive out this week.
Citizensoldier will be at my place late this Monday and if I can get the tow vehicle and GL can accommodate, then it's for sure this week. I'd not mind a chase vehicle at all, but
the time frame for notice is really short I know.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ADR, keep us posted on the outcome. I really hope it is as good as it looks in the pictures. When are the expected pick-up date(s).

Crazyguyla

Andy,

When you hit La, whatch your speed. All those little towns love to give speeding tickets. Exspcailly Ball, La( it's just north of pineville. Ball likes to ticket all the military vehicles if they go to fast. 2cents Wish I still lived in La to help.

alphadeltaromeo

Crazyguyla said:
Andy,

When you hit La, whatch your speed. All those little towns love to give speeding tickets. Exspcailly Ball, La( it's just north of pineville. Ball likes to ticket all the military vehicles if they go to fast. 2cents Wish I still lived in La to help.
Mil vehicles can go fast?? hehe

Ok, jkelly has offered up his dooly and trailer :driver: . I believe this to be the very best option, as that will allow us to very quickly drive there (apart from Ball, LA) [thumbzup], winch it up on the trailer and then drive back to GA. I was going to drive a deuce with a tow bar (rdixiemiller...a huge thanks!), but the trailer option is think is the most wise and cost effective at this point. If all goes as we'd like (translation: GL let's us schedule), we'll leave this Thursday and pick it up on Friday and drive it home on the trailer. I'll bring the digi cam and take pics of course.

I have to say, I'm really encouraged by the many who have offered to assist in this retrieval. This is a really great group of MV enthusiasts, bar none! I feel quite fortunate to have found SS to begin with. I certainly wouldn't be in the position I am now with getting this deuce. I certainly wouldn't be in any situation to be able to retrieve it either. Thanks to Chris for the forethought in putting together SS and for Mangus (the yankee hehe) who puts countless hours into the site. I know there are many others that do a terrific job here as well.

Ok, with all that said, I'm not really even excited about this...I mean, what's the big deal...

rofl

Joke...this is going to be a kick in the pants! woofreakinhoo!!!

Aight...now that I have that off my chest hehe - we'll just have to see how accommodating GL shall be.

More as I get it...

Andy

EZFEED

Too cool bro!!!!! Hey, JFYI the Deuces in the lot you bid on are NOT flood vehicles. I checked these out in hopes of winning one too but missed the "sweet week" that you got in on due to work :(

All of the flood vehicles are marked accordingly so if your item isn't listed as "flood/water damage" then you are OK :)

alphadeltaromeo

Time will surely tell, but I think that you're right. Now, there were some listed on GL that said "water damage". When you say you check them out, do you mean physically
at the site or on the GL website? We'll wave your direction when we get to LA :D

EZFEED

I checked them out physically when I went to preview some of them and they were freak'in sweet!!!! Mrs. Linda Archfield and I are good friends and she's a really sweet lady and will help you as best as you can so don't worry about being without any assistance. When it comes to accomodations, as long as you pick it up within the days Pineville has listed as open for pickup then she'll let you pretty much do whatever you want. When you get there you can get with Sgt. Morgan and he can get the bulldozer of another truck to break the wheels free because they have been sitting for some time. My own deuce was a mildly flooded Rita deuce and it was h*ll to break the wheels loose. While I was there he had to move some other deuces from the area where yours is and even they were sticky because of the brakes so it's best to let him get it unstuck for you.

One thing I really like is that they are locking up all of the drms vehicles at Pineville and you can only preview with an accompanying GL personnel. You're lucky yours is in the cage because mine wasn't as it was in an earlier auction. Mine and around 10 others were lined up along the outside of the fence in a little clearing off the side of the road and I had some parts picked off mine by other GL bidders. :evil: The second to last time I was up there before I picked up my truck some dudes from OK who had won around 5 of the trucks or so had been picking around my truck and the others and even complemented that I had a nice canvas top *DING I should have heard the warning bells*. I had a beautiful canvas top and set of bows in the bed as well as a boarding ladder and 2 wheels. I get there to pick mine up and stuff is missing, my bows and canvas top was gone as well as my boarding ladder and two wheels (most of the deuces there had their outer 4 rear wheels removed and placed in their beds).
I look around and I see my boarding ladder (marked with 2X's and lot #) and 2 of my bows in one of his trucks neatly concealed under the canvas top which was in the back. Well, I'm sure you can figure out where my canvas top, ladder, and a few other parts came from :twisted: Still I'm stuck with ratty bows, a "decent" top, and missing wheels.
You have ZIP of this B.S. to worry about bro cause yours has been secured in the fenced area so consider yourself fortunate!!! :D

alphadeltaromeo

Well EZFEED that sounds quite encouraging indeed! Thanks for the post. Let's hope all is well with it when I get there :D

Timber, we'll wave lol 2 funny.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well you will be sort of close to DFW.. 250 miles.. Good luck and always drive and haul carefully so you get your prize home in one piece! Be sure to take lots of pics and post them! especially around any interesting dumpsters on site etc..

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Andrew:
This is great news I hoped you were going to drive it home. I did for mine and it was a blast getting to know the truck on the 300 mile trip. I will keep your trip in my prayers and look forward to seeing the truck with you and your family in it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks