• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce Win...

citizensoldier

very nice Andy!!

Andy i must say we could have driven that puppy home without a problem, but it would have been a long 500 miles... :shock:
I am so happy for you and that you have it home. I will give you $1500 for it!! :lol: :shock: :D :) :( :eek: :cry: :wink: :twisted: :evil: :?: :!:
Looking forward to my visit and taking it out with ya.. How did she shift? nice and smooth? Did you throw her in low and growl around the yard with a perma grin on your face?//.. Thats what I do.. Love that green iron.. You did very well my friend for your first truck.. Just dont get used to it.. :wink:
See you soon man... take care..
Lane

alphadeltaromeo

RE: very nice Andy!!

EZ - I didn't see your post until we got home. However, you're quite right...that place is super lax...didn't check anything. I was really impressed with SGT. Morgan. Really helped out with the load, etc.

CS - It would have been a long drive back, but fun...just quite a bit more in fuel, etc. I've driven it all around the property...really is great! Shifts quite smooth, perma grin aint left me [thumbzup] Holla when you're ready to come my way :D

EZFEED

THAT SUCKERS NICE BRO! Wish I had been as lucky as you!!!!!!! :D

Did you see all of the other vehicles outside the gate in the clearing as you came off the bridge? THAT was the lot that I was a part of. Those two wreckers are still sitting there too. They were nice, wish I had the juice to have grabbed them.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Hey Andy!! good going, what a nice truck! I'm really happy for you. The way GL goes, looks like someone was watching out for you. If I am ever up that way again I'd like to check it out. Also, like to meet some of the folks in the area as well. I don't know where this year's road trip will take me. I thought maybe to the Dakotas, but plenty of time to think about it. Anyway, reflecting on how quicky you just seemed to know how to get my alternator back in service, I bet you're going to really enjoy it and have no troubles! BTW I took the general and extra exams for ham radio. no code, I'm an extra!! -just mentioned it since we discussed 2-meter ops -you gonna have to mount that antenna up now!

CanonNinja

Holy crap man! That's SUPER clean... I could buy 5 of those for what I just paid for mine! Congrats, and get some interior pics, stat!

jkelly66

Hey SS great to be back home Pineville is a nice place to pick up. Had a good trip not without a little adventure. Will let Andy tell the whole story. I will say this much Andy and his family are very fine people and he has the right to be very proud of them and I know he is. He got a great truck for a great price and it looks good in his yard better than it did sitting at DRMO. Anyway its a good thing to be at the end of a trip when things go well.

And Looking forward to the video and the rest of the pics.
John

alphadeltaromeo

Trip Overview

Trip Overview:

The trip was really excellent. There were a few bumps in the road (so to speak), but we had a great time. John (jkelly66) drove down to my place this past Thursday (2 hour drive) and picked me up at approximately 8 a.m. First order of business was to find some breakfast for our journey. We settled on "wafflehouse" and I do believe that we pigged out!

The drive down to LA was fairly uneventful. It was a quick drive and relaxing over all. I can thank John for that as he was driving *grin*. We talked most of the way there...from my place it's approximately 550 miles one way, so you can imagine all the yackin' that was done. As a note, it's good to be able to meet new folk and learn about their history, etc. Was refreshing to me. The Lord really blessed us with a great trip there.

We arrived at our destination and hit Walmart for some new batt's. We then hit a buffet for some dinner and went to our hotel. There weren't many choices and we were "stuck" with a suite each...bummer hehe. I didn't get much sleep that night...was up at 10, then 12 and then 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and the alarm woke me up at 6 a.m. (yes, up each hour...blah). Perhaps it was the “pink” sheets on the bed…but ya. Anyway, pickup hours: 8-4 tues-frid. I called SGT. Brad Morgan at 7 a.m. and was invited right over (cha ching).

We drove right through the gate (stopped to say hi lol) and found the BLDG Sarge was at...called him and then drove over to the "back 40" to open the gate and WOW, look at all those brand spankin' new HEMTT's, etc. *faints* hehe - So Sarge drives over to the deuce, slaves it and cranks it right up. He doesn't have the paperwork handy for Citizensoldiers Pioneer trailer (wasn't aware we were picking that up) and heads back to retrieve. We took plenty of pics and looked around in the interim.

Anyway, Sarge gets back with the Pioneer trailer after a few minutes. John then drives the trailer around to load the deuce at a better angle. The deuce loaded well and the next order of business was to get the Pioneer onto the deuce. Sarge gets his crane and makes short work of the load…and off we went!

Driving back to GA was a long, but very enjoyable trip. We stopped numerous times to stretch the legs and check the bindings to ensure no issues would arise. Then it happened *plays scary music*…about 30 miles from Pineville, we blew a trailer tire. It really bites to have that happen…but not 3 mins later a good ol’ farm boy drives up on his VERY LARGE John Deere, stops, offers to help…calls Wilson Tire for us (2 miles up the road). Approximately 45 mins later our assistance arrived. Not too long after that we were back on the road…mind you quite conservatively. It was a decent drive back and I believe we averaged 60-65mph. I think that’s rather good considering the weight we had behind John’s dually.

We arrived at my place approximately 1:15 a.m. and pulled the deuce off John’s trailer with the Kubota. Quite honestly, we were barely able to get it off, as the bota’s tires just spun. K…deuce off, chocked, trailer prep’d for John’s trip home (about 2 hours) and off he went. I really can’t thank John enough for all of his hard work. He was a real trooper, driving the entire trip. We had great fun, lots of good yackin’, good food and it was a mostly uneventful journey. He took time off to assist…that was incredible. SteelSoldiers.com is truly a great site, with wonderful people. I’m quite fortunate to have met so many fine folk thus far. I’m trusting I’ll be meeting more in the near future.

As a note: this morning I got up fairly early…aint been able to sleep *wonders why*…fired up the CAT 951c, drove the deuce over to it, strapped the Pioneer trailer up and lifted it right outa the deuce. Yes, I did take out the troop seats first *grin*. We have video of that…looks neato. So I hooked the Pioneer up to the deuce and drove it around…well to “test drive” it for Citizensoldier *grin*

Below are some more pics:

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Jeez Andy, that looks awesome. Congratulations! :beer:

alphadeltaromeo

More pics...

More pics...

Attachments

alphadeltaromeo

more pics...

more pics...

Attachments

alphadeltaromeo

RE: Last

OPCOM...my pops just got his tech...is going for his general and expects to get his extra by June! I've fixed the ignition noise on my toy truck...had to put ferrites around the coil over plug leads and a few other places, but virtually eliminated 99% of the noise. I love this deuce...the Lord did a good thing saving it for me.

EZ - there were some great lookin' trucks on that base...you're quite right indeed! Thanks for all your help...Linda really done me right :D

Ninja...thanks much bud...I'll get some interior pics tomorrow for sure.

Jkel - You da man bro!

Really...thanks for all the positive comments...it's quite encouraging indeed [thumbzup]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats Andy. Look like you did quite well Sir. Enjoy your new ride with the family and don't forget the FL roundup next year.

alphadeltaromeo

EZ - you're right...yack. However, the bed was comfy, just couldn't sleep. Kenny, appreciated bud...it will be a huge blessing for the family. Andy, we did have a fun adventure bud...and yes, we'll really enjoy the truck!

Got up this morning and looked at the deuce out the back window...man it's big hehe. Love the look of it as it had rained. I just glows when it's wet. So last night wifey and I were chatting about a variety of things. She says to me with a smile, "I know what we can name it...lil birdy...cuz it was cheap, cheap, cheap". rofl

No more "phantom deuce" [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks