• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Deuce Win...

derby

It is always good to hear of a good buy with a good truck. All to often I hear of the nightmare truck,looked good but was a greasy pig, bad trans,or some other major problem .Glad it all worked out looks like an awesome truck!

FreightTrain

Banned
Were all those vehicles comming up for bid?I see a A3 in there....looks like someone did a face plant with it though.Missing the grill and has a A2 wheel and tire on the drivers side front.

Pinkie

Andy, I really enjoyed your story and PICS! Everyone loves pics. I showed the picture of the log truck to my girl and she was stunned and so was I. I would not want to have the DOT looking for me if I was drving that thing! I am glad you got a good buy, my truck was almost in the condition and I paid $3500!

J.R. (Pinkie)

alphadeltaromeo

A few more

Here are a few more pics...you'll see the 15 pass Ford van next to the deuce and a few pics of Citizensoldier's pioneer trailer. Sorry for the poor pics...the lighting was really bad.

RDD: I believe it was either new or near new...there was absolutely no oil anywhere...it was spotless. I've fired it up a few times and there is some oil on it now...not much though.

FT: There are quite a number of vehicles going up for sale at this particular site. There are some nice ones, but some junk as well. I didn't get a great look at them all quite honestly, as we were really pressed to get on the road as soon as. Additionally, considering that Sarge was so accommodating, we wanted to give him some breathing room from us.

Derby: Many thanks bud! I'm really blessed with this particular win.

Jdob: I really appreciate the thoughts bud. The log truck was great..I honestly had a good laugh at that one. I have to say, there were so many things to see considering that I wasn't driving. We saw quite a few crop dusters in LA. The acrobatic moves were great. When we were stuck on the side of the road with the flat...errr...utterly destroyed tire, 2 HEMTT's drove by at considerable speed and the last one gave us a honk. It was rather loud...I think the deuce hood rattled hehe...perhaps she was just gigglin' back at them :roll:

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: A few more

You might have got the deal of the century Andy, that is a really nice truck. I'm glad the deal came your way. As far as Citizensoldiers trailer, I've bought 4 of them and thats the first one I've seen come out with tooling left, pretty cool. Would have loved to ride along on the trip!

alphadeltaromeo

Appreciated Kenny...I'm glad it came my way also. You'd have been welcome on the trip for sure. I plan on making more of these sort of trips...to get my stuff and others...one of the reasons this group of MVrs is so good.

citizensoldier

I have seen some go that are full of tools but I am never that lucky Kenny... I guess even a blind squirl gets a nut once in a while.. Me happy ... very very happy...Looks like it was a carpenter unit..mostly wood tools I see. Hell I can buy the three new tires for what I paid for this one..

CanonNinja

man, when they say good things come to those who wait, they mean it! I've seen trucks more expensive than mine in far worse shape. I'm jealous!

alphadeltaromeo

Update

Well, the brake light switch has been fixed and the officer was over today to inspect the VIN and sign the paper work. On a side note, calling 911 (no ma'am, it's not an emergency, but...) and just about 5 mins later he arrives to take care of biz :shock: Monday my loyal wifey will take the paperwork down and the deuce will be officially registered. We were able to get the deuce insured last week for an excellent rate through:

Pam Satterfield
Insurance Associates of Carrollton
121 Lee St Ste A
Carrollton GA 30117
770-838-4664

We did change all of our insurance to these folks, so my rate may reflect a bulk discount. With that said, though, the deuce is insured for $124.00/yr. I would highly recommend dealing with Pam, as she is quite professional and is a real joy to interact with. Just a few more days and I'll be driving this new deuce on the road. As you can imagine, I'm rather pleased about that.

Andy

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Woo-hoo!!! Now it's time to :driver:

alphadeltaromeo

Regarding insurance, etc...

No sir...there are no requirements/limitations whatsoever.

Today was just a fantastic day with respect to weather...here in GA. It's 6:30 p.m. presently and a lovely 72 degrees out. The wife drove the deuce around the property and we parked all the vehicles in the driveway, so I thought I'd share a few photos for the group. The 15 passenger van looks itsy beside the deuce :lol:

Clint...you know it bud! I'll be driving around Carrollton for a short trip to see how it does when I get it to speed...watching the temps, etc. Then if all goes well, I'm drivin' this bad boy to work later in the week :twisted:

Andy

Attachments

houdel

Great looking truck. I remember your earlier posting about it. Don't hold your breath on the EUC though, I won a couple of engines in Columbus last August, the EUC didn't clear until December. It DOES help to keep on your GL reps butt, that seems to keep the process moving along!

houdel

OK, whats with the pic of the wheel with 5 lug nuts instead of 6? Is than a maintenance trailer you picked up that you didn't tell us about?

alphadeltaromeo

Houdel - Many thanks! With respect to the 5lug dealio...it's a Pioneer Trailer that "citizensoldier" won on GL as well. It worked out that jkelly66 and I were able to retrieve it for him on our trip to pick up my deuce.

Jkelly66 - Thanks bud :D - Wifey just called to say its tagged and ready to roll. Imma head home early to get a license plate holder for it and mount it and then...well...ahhhhhh on the road I'm headed!

alphadeltaromeo

I just did the same Joel...looks good and is functional. I drove it around the town early this evening and also when it got dark. A few things to note:

1. I need to make sure I always turn on the light switch to get brake lights (forgot once aldy today).
2. Need to make sure I turn off the indicator when I've finished turning (bad habit of leaving it on).
3. I can stop my weight lifting classes, as I'm getting a good work out driving...errr...operating this thing around corners :p

I love it!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks