• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official '15 Ga. Rally Info thread

The Stig

I have to say I had a fantastic time. Met some wonderful people. Heard some great stories. I have been toying with the idea of getting into the hobby for some time. I can say after speaking with everyone I'm looking forward to jumping in with both feet. I met some wonderfully helpful and thankfully understand people willing to answer all my newbie questions. Thank you for everyone that works so hard to put on the event. It must be a tremendous undertaking to put together a gathering of that size. I hate that I only got a single day at the event and look foward to hopefully being able to attend for the full event next year!

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just walked in the door. Now we have to unpack.

I'm going try and get the 2016 dates set this week. I really liked the rally being pushed back. Weather this year was far better.

:eek::doh::-(:shock: Then what?

Please do not use the same dates as this year.

First, this is the time that we have our "potato day" event in our blacksmith workshop making lots of kids happy.

Bramborovani 2014 _40.jpgBramborovani 2014 _25.jpgbramborovani 2013 018.jpgBramborovani 2010 Vasek 035.jpg

Second, most important, I am planning to make 2016 our America year; will post about that this week. Basically, we have events during the summer in the USA (if we can swing the funding) and ending with a conference close to Toronto, Canada, from 19 to 23 September. From there, driving slowly down to GA would be nice timing to be there around the second weekend of October. After the GA rally, back to the Czech Republic in time for our activities here. End of October will be too late for that.

Third, your weather is way off thanks to El Nino. So the nicer warmer weather this week is probably higher than normal and next year this time will be a lot colder than normal.

Fourth, again very important, Olga likes warm weather and she will be coming along, so it should be very nice and warm otherwise I can shake it.

I will think of some more arguments later, but please, end of October is too late for us.

Al Harvey

Great Rally this year. Props to each one of you guys running the rally!!!

Just dropped the trailers in the AO and shut down the trucks. Lostnbfe made it home a couple hours ago. Thank you to everyone who helped lighten my return trip by purchasing ammo cans and CUCV parts, also thank you for those who helped add weight with things I couldn't live without.

Sandcobra, I couldn't find you this morning, but I still got the rest of your bow kit. If you know of anyone heading your way and passing near Fort Campbell I'll hand them off for you.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just walked in the door. Now we have to unpack.

I'm going try and get the 2016 dates set this week. I really liked the rally being pushed back. Weather this year was far better.
I got in a few hours ago, been unpacking as well.

And yes, yes, yes. This time for the rally was perfect.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PJ Marty and I got in about 17:45. Nice uneventful trip. Cannot believe how much more fun I have every year. I think the dates were perfect.

The Hardball was the best ever! No lines no waiting. Nice route and good food for sure. See everyone next year!!!!

Rmtaunton

I had a blast ! So much and many thanks to squirt truck and dumpster for helping me with the trail rides .. Hope every one had fun, I know a few trail rides lasted longer than expected , but we got everyone back , other than that or those few screw ups it was fantastic! I saw lots of people to put faces with people and had an incredible time , had friends drive up and meet me who hadn't been before and were hesitant but at the end, all said they really want to be there next year

Last edited:

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got in about 1430. Unpacked the food and clothes, the rest can wait until tomorrow.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First leg complete... Durhamtown to New Bern NC by 18:30.. rest of the 1000+ mile leg to be done Tue after doing 'inlaws' gutters.

Had a great first time to GA. So glad I came down and met all y'alls wonderful folks. Best part was putting faces to 'screen names'.

Thanks to all the 'staff' for organizing, cooking, cleaning etc., etc. .. and a big thanks to everyone that dragged heavy stuff there for me to pick up.

Cheers Joe for the "soldier B" ride on the Hard ball run at 'tail end Charlie'.

I'll leave all the sarcasm re dots n encyclopedias to others. ..... now to skim through 11 pages of threads.

Howard.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Loaded out with the exceptional help from Gimp, MWMules, Sean Connery, John and others.

New member Ted helped me in Newnan with the follow on load out but I am behind schedule. Absolutely beat, in hotel just west of ATL.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got back a couple hours ago, unpacked, stuffed some groceries down my throat, getting ready for a nice shower, then some shut-eye. Tomorrow morning, back to the grind, and l try to find some excuses NOT to unload the truck. Thanx to everyone who bought "treasures" they couldn't live without.

gottaluvit

Made it to Daytona today. Really liked taking back roads from D-town to here. Came to realize there is no shortage of pine trees! Nice event for sure. It's such a shame it's so far from home. I would love to take either of my trucks (especially the M929), but am not quite that brave to drive either that far. Got a few good deals and talked to a quite a few good folks. Gained a wealth of information. Thank you all.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Alright, I am really tired so this is going to be short.

The rally staff sincerely thanks all of the attendees for showing up. We all know how expensive it is to take half a week off and drive a 7mpg vehicle to an event. We hope everyone had a great time. We work very hard to try and create an event that makes everyone happy. We spend a lot of time each year trying to make the rally better. For instance, the hardball convoy got so big that Heavy's BBQ couldn't feed everyone in a reasonable amount of time. So this year, we tried a different destination.

I personally want to thank the volunteers who actually make the rally happen. I think a lot of attendees probably have no idea of what the rally requires in order to exist. People have to get there early, set up signs, set up a registration desk, go to the store and get the labels for nametags, nametag holders, paper, pens, etc. People to run the swap meet. People to run errands. People to put out fires. People to help the MKT set up, run, clean up and be put back together to go home. The amount of work that the rally requires means that we simply can't do it without volunteers and our volunteers do a fantastic job.

We had a very good turnout this year, 121 powered vehicles and 46 military trailers. Last year we had 131 powered vehicles, so we shrunk a bit this year. We lost several long term attendees due to personal issues, like Poppop (who typically brings 2 trucks) and Wreckerman. We're still very happy with 121 powered vehicles, that's a very strong turnout.

The rally was able to pay for it's attorney fees, insurance policy and purchase a new PA system for announcements through t-shirt sales and food sales. I want to reiterate at this point that although the rally is now operated by our LLC, that ALL, meaning 100% of the (small) profits from t-shirt and food sales will be put back into the rally. I don't keep any of the money. Just want to make sure everyone's clear on this.

I have a list of things that I liked about this year and a list of things that I am going to try and improve for 2016. As soon as I can get D-town to agree on a date, I'll set a date for next year's event and I'll post it here on SS. I think I am going to create a Facebook page for the event as well. When that's live, I'll post it here as well.

Again, thank you all for showing up, thank you to the volunteers for working so hard, we hope you had a great time and we can look forward to the 10th annual Ga Rally in 2016.

Wait until you guys see the video we shot of the event, the convoy and the offroading. You'll like it!

Once again was glad I took time to attend its nice to put faces with names and gain information . Got some awesome deals and drank a lot of suds. Thanks to everyone hope everyone had a safe travel home . See y'all next year or "IN THDEM DAER FUNNY PAPERS"

CUCVLOVER

Alright, I am really tired so this is going to be short.

The rally staff sincerely thanks all of the attendees for showing up. We all know how expensive it is to take half a week off and drive a 7mpg vehicle to an event. We hope everyone had a great time. We work very hard to try and create an event that makes everyone happy. We spend a lot of time each year trying to make the rally better. For instance, the hardball convoy got so big that Heavy's BBQ couldn't feed everyone in a reasonable amount of time. So this year, we tried a different destination.

I personally want to thank the volunteers who actually make the rally happen. I think a lot of attendees probably have no idea of what the rally requires in order to exist. People have to get there early, set up signs, set up a registration desk, go to the store and get the labels for nametags, nametag holders, paper, pens, etc. People to run the swap meet. People to run errands. People to put out fires. People to help the MKT set up, run, clean up and be put back together to go home. The amount of work that the rally requires means that we simply can't do it without volunteers and our volunteers do a fantastic job.

We had a very good turnout this year, 121 powered vehicles and 46 military trailers. Last year we had 131 powered vehicles, so we shrunk a bit this year. We lost several long term attendees due to personal issues, like Poppop (who typically brings 2 trucks) and Wreckerman. We're still very happy with 121 powered vehicles, that's a very strong turnout.

The rally was able to pay for it's attorney fees, insurance policy and purchase a new PA system for announcements through t-shirt sales and food sales. I want to reiterate at this point that although the rally is now operated by our LLC, that ALL, meaning 100% of the (small) profits from t-shirt and food sales will be put back into the rally. I don't keep any of the money. Just want to make sure everyone's clear on this.

I have a list of things that I liked about this year and a list of things that I am going to try and improve for 2016. As soon as I can get D-town to agree on a date, I'll set a date for next year's event and I'll post it here on SS. I think I am going to create a Facebook page for the event as well. When that's live, I'll post it here as well.

Again, thank you all for showing up, thank you to the volunteers for working so hard, we hope you had a great time and we can look forward to the 10th annual Ga Rally in 2016.

Wait until you guys see the video we shot of the event, the convoy and the offroading. You'll like it!
I am glad it went well.

What will happen to the remaining shirts?

Thanks

Csm Davis

Made it home in fair shape, kids in bed, thanks to all who put on and helped and showed up at the rally we had a great time. Many new friends and a few good items drug home including my new to me toolbox / coffin. Learned a little more English and taught a little Southern slang and even pointed out a few things and learned a few things about MV's. Thanks again for a short break and many kind words I needed it.

camnite

Thank you sincerely to gimpyrobb, kenny, garrett and others who helped me learn many new things about my truck; to dawn, bobby, and dave for the great deals, and to all who let me hang out around their fire. I hope to be back next year with better stuff, more money, and great friends.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
JW4x4 and I had a leisurely ride back to the R4X norther annex. Got in at 1615 and checked things out then went to visit family. We did get sidetracked at the Coleman Factory Store in Commerce GA. They had some great deals for sure.

Thanks to the many volunteers who worked through some pretty big rushes at registrations. Makes my days so much easier. Just so many good things I don't know where to start. Hope to be back next yr.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks