• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official '15 Ga. Rally Info thread

mr.travo

Thank you guys for making my first rally so much fun! Like all the other new guys, I enjoyed meeting people and putting actual faces with names. I will be bringing something next year for sure. It's good to see that everyone made it back safely. Our short drive back to Columbia seemed to take FOREVER, I don't know how you other guys do it driving these trucks so far. I need to convince MKT Mike to put a stereo in his truck! LOL!

Thanks again guys and I cant wait to do this again next year!!!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to all the volunteers.

I enjoyed seeing everyone again this year and look forward to next year.

Gimpy peeled off our two civi truck convoy at about 7:30PM last night and I hit my compound at 8:34.

Only 10 hours and 10 minutes to get home.

mr.travo

Tin! Were you there???? If you were I am going to kick my own A$$ for not talking with you. Not everyday you see people from Comfort Texas!!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got off the phone with my wife as she was driving home from the emergency room. What the heck!!

She has been feeling dizzy and lightheaded for two weeks and didn't want to alarm me. Why? She didn't want to ruin my rally!! ****, what a woman.

Fortunately she found out it is just a little vertigo and she is okay.

I love my wife. Worried to death about herself and still wanted me to go to the GMVR.

:)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just got off the phone with my wife as she was driving home from the emergency room. What the heck!!

She has been feeling dizzy and lightheaded for two weeks and didn't want to alarm me. Why? She didn't want to ruin my rally!! ****, what a woman.

Fortunately she found out it is just a little vertigo and she is okay.

I love my wife. Worried to death about herself and still wanted me to go to the GMVR.

:)
Prayers up that those symptoms be remedied.
Take care of that woman, she's a keeper.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a great time! It was easy to see why the rally has the great reputation that it does. The event was full of great folks, trucks, rides and deals. The weather was perfect and the company was exceptional...what more can you ask for! I'll be back next year for sure.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And brighter then you were this year.
Keep adding lights and we can park you in the middle of the venders field and they will have daylight to sell by.
Woo hoo 24 hr operations.

sandcobra164

I had a great time! It was easy to see why the rally has the great reputation that it does. The event was full of great folks, trucks, rides and deals. The weather was perfect and the company was exceptional...what more can you ask for! I'll be back next year for sure.
I'm glad you were there even though I didn't get to see you. That M923 spent a lot of time in my front yard as the previous owner lives in town and had limited parking options. Even tackled the fun task of putting those wheels and tires together and putting them on the truck. It's still looking fantastic and you've added on!!!

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another first timer here to say thanks for a great time. Looks like the organization worked very smoothly from my viewpoint, so all the prep work was worth it and well appreciated.

I think I only got to talk to maybe half of the folks, it seems the time just flew by so fast. I've got to make an effort to visit everyone next year. Really loved seeing all the really neat rigs.

My only regret was that there must have been 50 towbars for sale there, and I didn't sell any of mine, so I didn't have the money to buy all the neat stuff I wanted.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm glad you were there even though I didn't get to see you. That M923 spent a lot of time in my front yard as the previous owner lives in town and had limited parking options. Even tackled the fun task of putting those wheels and tires together and putting them on the truck. It's still looking fantastic and you've added on!!!
I saw your mint truck but didn't manage to catch up with you. I did catch up with Tripp though. I know you had a hand in working on the truck previously and it's much appreciated. She performed flawlessly on the trip and the trails. She's a good truck for sure.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And brighter then you were this year.
Keep adding lights and we can park you in the middle of the venders field and they will have daylight to sell by.
Woo hoo 24 hr operations.
Good point. But with 24 hr operations, Gimp wouldn't be able to carry out his late night shenanigans...er..um...operations. Not that they were very covert to begin with, lol.

sandcobra164

I saw your mint truck but didn't manage to catch up with you. I did catch up with Tripp though. I know you had a hand in working on the truck previously and it's much appreciated. She performed flawlessly on the trip and the trails. She's a good truck for sure.
I imagine it did. While it was in my front yard, it made a few trips to Lowes about 20 miles away to pick up pre-fab fence sections for my Daddy. The dropside bed came in very handy as they could simply forklift the material on. I've got quite a few pictures of that truck and would be happy to e-mail them to you. I've even got pictures of it with snow all over it from a few years ago when Lee and the boy's rode with me in it for a 15 mile "keep the fluids flowing" ride around the block. I think it was about 15 degrees that morning and it started right up without issue.

mr.travo

Bradley- Keep us posted with the recovery. My prayers are with you as well man.

Zout- CRAP! This is my luck at its finest! LOL! aua

Last edited:

Jeepsinker

Left Twright's shop with s280 shelter in tow at around 2pm yesterday and got in at 3:45 this morning. Found out the brakes were dragging on the M1061 the whole time. No wonder it felt heavier than it used to. Got that sorted out around Lafayette, just had to get the air tank drain to stop leaking on the trailer. She pulled good even with dragging brakes, but I probably would have gotten better fuel milage if they werent.

Attachments

Rmtaunton

Left Twright's shop with s280 shelter in tow at around 2pm yesterday and got in at 3:45 this morning. Found out the brakes were dragging on the M1061 the whole time. No wonder it felt heavier than it used to. Got that sorted out around Lafayette, just had to get the air tank drain to stop leaking on the trailer. She pulled good even with dragging brakes, but I probably would have gotten better fuel milage if they werent.
Gotta love that LDS

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks