• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Official '15 Ga. Rally Info thread

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, my Plano Sportsman's box was not in the Mess Tent M105 trailer, and it has not shown up anywhere else either. It can be replaced, as well as the dirty clothes, the pillow and the three rally tee shirts. What hurts is that I've lost my blood glucose meter kit and my records that were in it.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well, my Plano Sportsman's box was not in the Mess Tent M105 trailer, and it has not shown up anywhere else either. It can be replaced, as well as the dirty clothes, the pillow and the three rally tee shirts. What hurts is that I've lost my blood glucose meter kit and my records that were in it.

I've got to go out to Mac's and see if somehow that box ended up in the 105. I don't think it did-I loaded it and fastened the tarp down without it being in there but there's nothing to say someone didn't add it.

EDIT: I now realize you already had Mac look in it.

Last edited:

sandcobra164

Mike,
I can offer a reward if it helps it surface sooner!!! Some folks may not have even unpacked trailers yet and records of your glucose levels are pretty handy when talking to your Doctor. A sharp increase or decrease is never good but useful information to how your body is functioning and is very valuable information. I doubt anything was left behind in the field but you never know. Have you checked with the DT folks?

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, I think I saw your tote (was it black?) on a table near where the MKT was. Since there was a M105 trailer sitting near by I though it belonged to that person. Maybe someone turned it in to Durhamtown.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike, I think I saw your tote (was it black?) on a table near where the MKT was. Since there was a M105 trailer sitting near by I though it belonged to that person. Maybe someone turned it in to Durhamtown.
Yes, it was black, a little over 3 feet long, about a foot high and 18 inches from front to back. I'll check with DT to see if it was left there.

Jimma

Vendor Questions

Yes, it was black, a little over 3 feet long, about a foot high and 18 inches from front to back. I'll check with DT to see if it was left there.
Does anyone remember who the vendor was who was selling rope? He had a box of brand new rescue / utility rope and is from the Winder, GA area if I remember correctly. Thanks for any help.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Once again I had a super great time, got see some old friends, make some new ones, eat gourmet meals, and take a daily nap. Bought a few parts i needed and some i didn't know i needed. thanks Ferro for checking out my truck I think it ran better after? already done an AAR to start getting ready for next year!
:goodjob:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got to convoy with Microjeep for a while Sunday. All was going well until we passed the Coleman Outlet Store in Commerce. They were having a parking lot sale and the truck just drove itself into the lot.

Last edited:

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Folks, we made 200 shirts and all that's left over is 1 large and 8 XXX Large's. EDIT: Large is already sold out

We sincerely appreciate all the shirt purchases-this paid for the rally's attorney's fees, insurance and other operating costs. I had gone something like $3500 in the hole out of my own pocket to do this (buy insurance, make the shirts, pay the attorney, etc.) so as you can imagine, I was very happy to sell all the shirts. There's even some money left over that's all going in the 2016 rally fund.

So 2 questions-

A. If you want the XXX's, I can ship them-I'll do it via USPS, nice and cheap. You'll need to paypal me the money and I'll get the shirt(s) out next day. PM me if you're interested. The XXX are $22.50 each, same price as they were at the rally. Shipping looks like it's pretty cheap for one or two shirts, like $4. May be more for more shirts, I'll have to weigh them.

B. We can make more shirts if we have enough buyers. We'd have to make 120 shirts at a minimum to get the good price break, so if you want a shirt or shirts, send me a PM with what sizes and how many of each and I'll collect all the requests and if it adds up to 120 shirts, then I'll make a second run. All profits will go to the rally-this isn't for me making money on.

Last edited:

andy3

I sincerely want to thank everyone involved in putting on this year's Riley. It was the only vacation I've had this year.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Next year the registration tent is going to require one piece of firewood from folks coming to the rally. Our only fire was Saturday night! LOL

clinto

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Clint do we know date yet next year
When will hardball convoy be posted
I have a tentative approval from D-town for Oct. 19-23, 2016 but I need to get them to "firm up" on their commitment to that date.

HC video? Probably a month or so. Since we're getting this video work done at a greatly reduced rate, it won't be done quick. I'll post it the instant I have it.

Clint, do you have any 2014 T-shorts in XXL left?
I don't-try sending a pm to SS user wreckerman893 and see if he has any left. He did the shirts last year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks